Houston at Atlanta

Real Deal

• 4 weeks later...

Asik has a motor. Dude is playing hard on defense and hitting the glass hard. Earlier today Bill Simmons said that Asik could win the rebounding title, that prediction isn't looking too farfetched now.

Especially with Houston lacking rebounders, I'd imagine he'd have a large role on the team for rebounds. I can see it happening.

I seriously didn't think Aldrich could jump like that.

lol for real that shit was mad surprising.

Harden with another beast of night.

J. Harden 45 points 14/19 fg 2/4 3fg 15/17fts ( :blink:) 7reb

EDIT:

Honorable mention for Lin as well.

J. Lin 21 points 6/16 fg 2/3 3fg 7/8 ft 10rebs 7ast

Edited by ChosenOne

Pretty fun game to attend despite witnessing Harden drop 45. Don't ever recall attending a game where a player has done that to or for us before.

Some thoughts:

-Major rebounding issues last night. Asik was killing us on the boards offensively.

-Not really digging Josh Smith and his attitude. Seemed to really get caught up in small things.

-Where was Anthony Morrow? I didn't look at the injury report or anything before I went, but assumed Morrow would make an appearance at some point.

-Seriously felt like every time that Harden got he ball we fouled him.

-Typical Atlanta crowd.

• Owner

Not really digging Josh Smith and his attitude. Seemed to really get caught up in small things.

He's had that problem for a while, but he just doesn't want to be there anymore, probably now more than ever since the Hawks didn't land his friend Dwight.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt by February.

I'm surprised Harden is starting out this hot since he had no training camp or preseason with Houston, but I knew he had the talent to put up big number. Not quite like he has the first 2 games, but he is of the Manu Ginobili mold...can adapt to a contender while not being the star, but has the skills to take over games when he is relied on to do so. Last season he was historically efficient in large part to how much he draws fouls, and that is continuing so far in Houston. He is very, very well-rounded offensively, and while I have doubts he can be a superstar that can win playoff games with defenses keyed in on him, I definitely think at the very least he is on prime Joe Johnson-level.