LA Clippers at LA Lakers

• 4 weeks later...
Nash “Doubtful” for Clippers

Steve Nash is listed as “doubtful” to face the Clippers on Friday night after suffering a lower leg contusion at Portland on Halloween, but he didn’t rule himself out entirely.

“We’ll see how it goes, see how it calms down some more, but I couldn’t tell from this point. Maybe I’m too optimistic to say ‘doubtful,’ but it’s definitely tough. Luckily it’s not any major structurally or something,” said the two-time MVP after Thursday’s practice. “It’s just a contusion in that area.”

It was the second time in two weeks a young point guard collided with Nash in the backcourt. On Oct. 21, Kings rookie Isaiah Thomas stepped on Nash’s ankle, but the Canadian bounced back to return to practice the next day. At Portland 10 days later, rookie Damien Lillard accidentally drove his knee into Nash’s lower leg in the second quarter, causing the contusion. Fortunately for Nash and the Lakers, it’s nothing worse than a painful bruise.

Source

I really don't see Nash playing in this one. He will take a couple of games.

Over under 1.5 Gasol getting pestered by Griffin.

I don't picture Gasol getting postered twice. I would love to see Dwight get crowned though. If it was ever going to happen, it would be now while his lift is suspect.

Probably going to try and watch the first half of this game tonight. Gotta work early, but any chance I can watch CP3 play, I gotta take it.

Lakers coach Mike Brown said Steve Blake will start in Nash's place at point guard. Lakers trainer Gary Vitti informed Brown shortly after the coach arrived at Staples Center for the game that Nash would not be available to play. Brown said Nash has made progress with the injury by treating it with ice, stretching, electro-stimulation and also through leg-strengthening exercises under the supervision of Lakers strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco.

"(Nash) didn't do anything (on the court) this morning, he didn't do anything yesterday neither," Brown said. "He got dinged pretty good, but he has made progress."

My link

• Owner

Why did Mike Brown play Darius Morris tonight (who was awful, especially on defense) and completely forgot that we had Jodie Meeks? I didn't see Meeks step foot on the court at all.

Thanks for the 40, Kobester. It's definitely still your team, never in question.

Beat by half an hour :|

Guess again -- you didn't say anything about Steve Blake, and neither provided a source link. So I ain't 'beat' by any means. Your Lakers, on the other hand... eh. :|

Anyhow, seems like the only Laker that showed up last night was Kobe:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/lakers/sites/lakers/files/121103lallac_infographic_full.jpg

(J Alexander Diaz/Lakers.com)

http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/121103lakers-vs-clippers-infographic

Edited by Sħãlïq

Lakers just look awful right now. They are incredibly slow-footed and lazy defensively besides Dwight (who did a good job on that end last night), and offensively they are having trouble finding someone to collapse the defense besides Kobe (who has been awesome so far on that end). They are completely helpless when other teams push the tempo against them, and with Dwight and Pau clogging up the lane, and Mike Brown not playing guys like Meeks who can stretch the defense, the spacing is really ugly right now.

As I've been saying for 3 years now, Artest needs to go. Give this team a guy like Ariza who will give them defense as well as the occasional explosive offense (fastbreaks and paint penetration), and everything will definitely look more cohesive and balanced.

Right now, teams like Miami, OKC, SA, LAC and plenty of others can run laps around this team, and most of them have deepers benches. The Lakers will get it together with this roster at some point and be a championship contender and win a ton of games, but there are still 1-2 tweaks that need to be made for them to realize their potential. Miami went through similar problems their first season...getting Arroyo the [expletive] out of the lineup, stopped playing House and Ilgauskas, got etc... It takes a lot of work when you totally revamp a team and system to get everything to gel, which is why it is far from panic time. However, the issue of athleticism will kill them in the post-season, and that is the one area they really can't improve on unless they change the roster and/or minutes distribution.