Portland at Houston

Real Deal

I'm on the Lillard bandwagon. Was a bit cautious with all the hype coming out of college (can't say I watched Weber state at all...), but I'm fully on board through the summer league, preseason, and 3 games into the regular season.

Everything he does is in one fluid motion. He doesn't hold onto the ball, he makes quick decisions, and I love his ball handling and the way he attacks angles... much like Kyrie.

• Like 1

Harden fell back down to Earth a bit there. I was wondering when it would happen. Portland does have a couple of decent defenders to stick on him, or help out on him, though.

Asik rebounds the ball like Kevin Love, lol. Dude is always on the glass.

Morris and Aldrich sweating a bit! KU baby!

He didn't fall back to Earth, he was just tired as hell. Being on a back to back in OT is gonna tire you out.

• Owner

He didn't fall back to Earth, he was just tired as hell. Being on a back to back in OT is gonna tire you out.

So will an 82-game season. He's not going to average 40.

Earth, for him, is around 25 points a night. That should be where he'll end up. Houston will play better defenses, he will start to feel wear and tear from being a primary scoring option, and their opponents will defend the Rockets much differently after watching tape...so the 24 or so he scored against Portland, that's falling back down to Earth.

• Like 1

Lillard had his fingerprints all over that OT period. I really like the Blazers starting five, even though their frontcourt is undersized. Team would be legit if they had a bench.

Rose, Westbrook, Lillard .. who will be the next sig set PG?