Utah at San Antonio

• 4 weeks later...

Spurs put on an absolute clinic in the first half. Their offensive execution was spectacular. I think they shot something like 85% in the first half. It was just ridiculous to watch.

They got a bit complacent in the 3rd quarter and were sort of just going through the motions it seemed like. That enabled the Jazz to go on a 24-5 run to finish the 3rd and erase the Spurs big lead. In the 4th they took over down the stretch again, though. It is remarkable how they can just flip a switch and absolutely torch teams.

Duncan is continuing to turn back the clock. He had another superb game tonight. His defense in the first half was great. Jefferson, Millsap and Favors were getting absolutely nothing down low, although Jefferson started to get on a bit of a role late in the game.

Leonard had another rock solid game as well. I don't think he missed a shot all game and he was his usual self on defense. This guy is going to be a star once he puts it all together. I didn't buy it when Pop was talking about him like that last season, but I do now. He has really improved since the end of last season.

For Utah, Mo Williams had an awesome shooting night. He got on a real run late in the 3rd knocking down around 4 straight shots including a three or two (think he might've had a foot on the line on a pull up transition shot) to really make this game interesting. He didn't do much in the 4th as Jefferson started to get into a rhytym and they were going to him on the block quite a bit.

Other than Mo, I don't think anybody had a particularly good game. Millsap, Jefferson and Hayward were solid but nothing they did really stood out. Kanter was bad and Favors was active, but not all that effective.