LA Lakers at Utah

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...
Kobe still trying to rest his strained foot

Out of interest that he heals his strained right foot, Kobe Bryant sat out of practice Tuesday for the second consecutive time this week. Out of interest to stop the Lakers’ sluggish start, Coach Mike Brown has kept Bryant on the floor longer than planned. Bryant expressed optimism the past two days of treatment and rest will make his foot feel “90 percent” when the Lakers (1-3) play tonight at Utah (1-2). Brown expressed optimism he’ll reduce Bryant’s current playing time, which has hovered at an average of 37 minutes through four games.

“I want to try to really be conscious of Kobe’s minutes, Brown said. “What I can do is as we go on, is continue to be more conscious of not throwing him out there.”

The Daily Breeze

Mike Brown is pathetic.

He has suggested playing MWP w/ the 2nd unit, an experiment that already failed once before:

“I’ve got to give my bench a chance, because right now I really haven’t.”, stated head coach Mike Brown, “I’ve been messing around with it too much trying to search for combinations. Now that I’ve found a combination that I think I want to roll with it a little bit, let’s give them a chance to see how they play before making another change. That’s going to be my second unit: Metta will be the two, Jamison is the three, Hill is the four and Howard or Gasol is going to be the five.”

Link

The Lakers lost Wednesday night in Utah despite attempting 28 more free throws than the Jazz (46-18). According to the Elias Sports Bureau, L.A. had won its previous 24 games with such a large disparity, dating all the way back to Nov. 19, 1970, when the Lakers fell to Seattle even with a 48-19 edge in free throw attempts.

My link