Utah at Toronto

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I really don't understand why Casey is starting McGuire instead of Kleiza.

Sure, McGuire is a much better defender than Kleiza is, but the Jazz are an inside/out team anyways. Hayward is good, don't get me wrong, but I think Kleiza's ability to spread the floor and hit perimeter shots is more valuable against this team than McGuire's better defense. The spacing on offense to start the game is going to be awful.

I really don't understand why Casey is starting McGuire instead of Kleiza.

Sure, McGuire is a much better defender than Kleiza is, but the Jazz are an inside/out team anyways. Hayward is good, don't get me wrong, but I think Kleiza's ability to spread the floor and hit perimeter shots is more valuable against this team than McGuire's better defense. The spacing on offense to start the game is going to be awful.

And whattya know, Kleiza is having himself a very solid game so far. Does this mean I was right and he should've started or I'm an idiot for thinking he should've started?

EDIT: And Kleiza drains a 3. 14 points for him already in only 8 minutes. He's also got 2 or 3 offensive boards.

Huge 6 point swing on that Calderon no-call. Calderon probably should've been at the line for two but instead the ball goes the other way, Foye knocks down a 3 and then to add insult to injury, Calderon gets T'd up.

To be fair, Calderon did initiate contact, but I still felt that was a foul.

Really though, this whole game has been poorly officiated. Nobody on either team knows what is going to be called a foul and what will be let go. You can see frustruation growing on both benches.

That was two awesome possessions from DeMar. A beautiful eurostep to finish off a very nice drive and then a nice job of posting up, drawing the second defender and finding an open Kleiza for the corner 3.

DeRozan with his 3rd 20/5/5 game of the season.

As far as I can remember, he had 3 of those all of last year and only had 5 in his career. Loving the development of his all-around game. His vision out of the post has been a huge surprise for me. I always knew that if he committed himself he could be a solid rebounder from the guard spot, but I never envisioned him making some of these passes he has made to start the season.

Best showing by far from the team this season without Lowry. I said at the start of the season that I thought Kleiza should be ahead of Anderson on the depth chart, and he's making me look pretty smart right now. Derozan is playing great AGAIN. I don't want to get my hopes up yet, but I really do hope that this will be what we see from him from now on. He has consistently put up around 20 points a night since the 2nd game. Calderon and Amir's chemistry has been showing through again today. Barg looked very good early on and hes been solid throughout the rest of the game. It is starting to look like the first few games were just a slow start for him.

officiating in this game is terrible. Clearly Calderon gets fouled but instead they don't call it and he's forced to turn it over. Our 10 point lead had now become 3.

EDIT: you always post what I was about to say right before me :lol:

Edited by DunkinDerozan

See what happens when you don't go to Bargnani late in the game, Casey? He gives the ball to DeRozan in the post, which he should've done last time, and even though he missed the shot, he forced the defense to help which opened up the easy putback for Amir. I don't understand why they have been going away from DeRozan down the stretch. It isn't a coincidence that the lead started to disappear when they stopped going to DeRozan and focused more on the Jose/Bargnani two man game.

Lmao, that pretty much sums things up perfectly. Al [expletive]ing Jefferson hits a game tying 3 with 2 seconds left. Give me a break. Dude's hit what, one 3 his entire career prior to that? :lol:

I can't even get mad anymore. I come into games fully expecting the refs to [expletive] the Raptors in the ass.

I'd like to think the NBA had a bit more integrity than that, but thats been the story ever since I've started watching the Raptors.

[expletive]. Not a great shot from Derozan on that one, but I'm glad they were atleast smart enough to give him the ball for last shot.

After seeing the replay it wasn't a bad shot. He did manage to create space to get a fairly decent look. I would've liked to see him try and get a little deeper before attempting the shot, though. Especially with the Milsap on him, although you gotta give credit to Milsap as that was very good defense.

After seeing the replay it wasn't a bad shot. He did manage to create space to get a fairly decent look. I would've liked to see him try and get a little deeper before attempting the shot, though. Especially with the Milsap on him, although you gotta give credit to Milsap as that was very good defense.

Yes that was very good D from Millsap. Also just noticed Derozan is over 50 minutes in the game. Not sure about everyone else becuase I happen to have Demar in fantasy but damn hes got to be tired.

Yes that was very good D from Millsap. Also just noticed Derozan is over 50 minutes in the game. Not sure about everyone else becuase I happen to have Demar in fantasy but damn hes got to be tired.

Nobody else is as high. Calderon is around 42-45 and I think Bargs is probably around 40.

But yeah, DeRozan does look a bit gassed. That open jumper he had looked flat which is usually a sign of a guys legs going.

Then again, he looked pretty damn good on that post move. :lol: