Dallas at Indiana

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21018111.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers' offense finally matched their impressive defense.

The result was their biggest win over the Dallas Mavericks in 15 years.

David West and George Hill each scored 15 points to help the Pacers beat the Mavericks 103-83 on Friday night. It was the largest margin of victory for the Pacers in the series since a 104-80 win on March 26, 1997.

West and Hill, the Pacers' top two scorers, had combined for 5-for-19 shooting and 10 points in Wednesday's loss to Milwaukee. On Friday, the Pacers shot 47 percent from the field in their first blowout win of the season. They had gone six games without scoring at least 100 points.

Hill said much of their success against Dallas came from subtle changes by coach Frank Vogel.

"Coach challenged us that we needed to change immediately," Hill said. "He came in with different types of offensive sets that kind of helps us as athletes, who we are on this team, young and athletic. It kind of helped us and challenged us to make plays for others and not just ourselves. I like the direction that we're going."

Vogel said there was a lot to dislike about the way the offense had been performing.

"I didn't like being 30th [last] in scoring and 30th in field goal offense," Vogel said. "I didn't like guys standing around. I didn't like the speed in which we were running our offense. I didn't like the lack of physicality in our screening. There was a lot to not like. So changes were needed."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121116_DAL@IND