Golden State at Dallas

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I'm really struggling on deciding who was worse tonight between Klay Thompson and Darren Collison.

Thompson was 2-14 for 7 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 turnovers. He had OJ Mayo drop 27/5/4 on 11-21 shooting on him. About 14 of those points came in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Meanwhile, Collison was 2-11 for 7 points, 5 assists, 3 steals and 5 turnovers. He had Steph Curry drop 31/6/9 on 9-21 shooting on him. About 18 of Curry's points came in the 4th quarter and overtime.

I think I'll give the nod to Thompson as having the worst game simply because you can't blame all of Curry's late outburst on Collison since he had Dom Jones and Dahntay Jones on him for parts of it. Mayo was just abusing Thompson. Collison also hit a huge shot to send the game into overtime while Thompson decided to jack a 3 with 16 seconds left on the clock instead of holding for the final shot.

EDIT: I just looked up the numbers and over his last 4 games Barnes is averaging 17.3 ppg and 8.9 rpg on 51% shooting. Take away the 12 point, 1 rebound game against OKC the other night and those numbers are 19 ppg and 11.3 rpg on 52% shooting. Small sample size, yeah, but just as much of it is because he is actually getting plays run for him and the ball as opposed to the first couple weeks of the season where his entire role was to stand in the corner on offense.

PS: Harrison Barnes is going to be an All-Star someday. All of those people who said he would be a better NBA player than college player were spot on. Barnes has looked awesome over his past 4 games. He still has some work to do on the defensive end of the floor, but I seriously believe he is the 2nd best offensive player on the team right now behind Curry. 20/12 on 8-16 shooting and 4-6 from deep for him tonight.