Toronto at Philadelphia

• 1 month later...

Had no idea Lowry was playing tonight. There was no mention of it yesterday. Seeing him check in a few minutes ago was a pleasant surprise.

Of course as I type this Lowry goes down and gets up walking gingerly after tripping over Richardson, who also appears to have possibly re-injured his sprained ankle.

I absolutely loathe this stupid two point guard lineup.

It never worked with Ford and Calderon.

It never worked with Jack and Calderon.

It doesn't work with Lowry and Calderon.

It just creates horrible mismatches for the opposing team. Either you have Holiday blowing by Calderon like the last two possessions, or you have Richardson or Young taking advantage of their size on Lowry.

Also, Lowry needs to stop with the damn hero ball. He has been awful in the 4th quarter. Although at this point he can go ahead and play hero ball all he wants as Philly has this one wrapped up.

Collins absolutely bent Casey over in that 4th quarter. It isn't even fair how badly Casey got outcoached.

The Raptors got into the bonus with 8 minutes left in the 4th. Collins counters that by going small and for some strange reason Casey decides he is going to go small. The result? They attempt 4 free throws for the rest of the game, 2 of which were DeRozan getting fouled in the act of shooting anyways.

Jonas Valanciunas plays great basketball (11/11/3/3) helping build a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter. He exits the game with 1:47 left in the 3rd quarter with the Raptors up 76-66. From that point on Philly outscored Toronto 40-22.

DeRozan starts the game 2-8, makes 8 of his next 10 shots, yet gets completely frozen out of the offense down the stretch. Even after timeouts, plays are drawn up for Bargnani, Lowry or Calderon with DeRozan standing in the corner doing nothing.

Philly gets hot from 3 particularly taking advantage of the small Raptors backcourt by attacking Calderon with dribble penetration and finding Richardson on the perimeter who can just rise up and shoot over Lowry. Instead of either going zone or switching Lowry onto Holiday to better contain the dribble penetration, Casey does nothing and watches as Philly takes back the lead and eventually wins the game.

These are just some examples I noticed. It never is simple, but I think the biggest reason for the Sixers winning this game was because of how how badly Collins outcoached Casey in the 4th.

• Like 1

Very good points. Casey has made many very questionable coaching decisions all season long. If he's going to keep this shit up, he might not have much longer of a future in TO. If I remember correctly, his contract is over at the end of the season. IMO if we aren't at the very least in the playoff race, there is no way he should be coming back. Unfortunately his amazing defense last season has suddenly looked much worse this season, and although the offense has improved, it seems like he's doing everything in his power to stop our top performers from getting the ball, and he can't seem to be able to have the team play 4 good quarters of basketball. Not to mention he makes some flat out awful decisions on who to put on the floor and who to put on the bench in many situations,