San Antonio at Indiana

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21111841.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- Tony Parker says he's been working on his shot, and it looks as if it's paying off.

Parker had 33 points and 10 assists, and the San Antonio Spurs erased a 17-point deficit on their way to a 104-97 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Friday night.

Tim Duncan had 22 points for San Antonio (10-3), which closed the game with a 17-2 run. Manu Ginobili scored 19.

David West scored 22 for the Pacers (6-8), and Paul George finished with 15. George Hill collected 11 points and Roy Hibbert had 10.

Parker made his first eight shots and scored 16 in the first quarter. He put together a 15-for-23 night from the field and made three of his four foul shots.

Parker said coach Gregg Popovich "wanted me to be more aggressive, take more shots, and so I've been working with Chip [assistant coach Engelland], and the last two games, it's been working well for me."

West scored seven points and Lance Stephenson had four as the Pacers went on a 13-1 run to build a 70-53 lead with 6:35 to play in the third. But Ginobili and the Spurs responded with an impressive rally.

The 35-year-old Ginobili was seemingly everywhere, driving the lane, taking shots from beyond the arc and finding his teammates for open baskets. He scored seven points and Parker added six as the Spurs closed the period with a 20-7 run.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121123_SA@IND