Charlotte at Washington

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21124172.jpg

WASHINGTON -- A season ago, the Charlotte Bobcats were the losingest team in the history of the NBA. The Washington Wizards are trying to avoid that distinction.

The Bobcats beat the Wizards 108-106 in two overtimes on Saturday night, equaling their win total from last season in just their 12th game.

In the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season, Charlotte was 7-59, the lowest winning percentage in NBA history. They're already 7-5.

Washington was hoping to win its first game, but fell to 0-11.

"We were that victim, but we didn't play it," Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap said.

"We're trying to go from the losingest organization in the history of the NBA to establishing where people have to respect us. I don't know anything about wins. I do know about respect."

The Wizards and their fans tried desperately for their first one. One fan held up a sign that read: "All I want 4 Christmas is a win."

Washington has 14 games between now and Dec. 25, and if it doesn't win before then, the Wizards would be 0-25 and easily set a record for the worst start in NBA history. New Jersey went 0-18 to start the 2009-10 season.

The Wizards led 103-101 with 1:27 to play in the second overtime, but Reggie Williams hit his only shot of the game -- a 3-pointer to give Charlotte a 104-103 lead with 1:18 to play.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121124_CHA@WAS