Houston at Oklahoma City

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

OKC knows Harden all too well. He really hasn't changed his game much at all, just getting more touches. When Westbrook blocked the hell out of him, it was like he knew Harden was going to pull up from there.

OKC knows Harden all too well. He really hasn't changed his game much at all, just getting more touches. When Westbrook blocked the hell out of him, it was like he knew Harden was going to pull up from there.

I'm not sure what play your exactly taking about, but if it was the one at the free throw line I disagree as it was a gimmy for westbrook. Any one would have blocked him there as both teams were still running down at that point.

• Owner

I'm not sure what play your exactly taking about, but if it was the one at the free throw line I disagree as it was a gimmy for westbrook. Any one would have blocked him there as both teams were still running down at that point.

Running down? Westbrook and his man were the only two guys trailing. Harden pulled down a long board, and immediately went to take the 16-footer, and Westbrook came out from 50+ feet and immediately knew that block was his.

Harden was doing that many times in OKC, off of a rebound...he could have backed up and reset, could have taken it to the rim and took a chance on not getting a charge called on him, but that 16-18 foot jumper is his in that situation. It almost felt like Westbrook jumped before Harden did (close...I'd say he did).

Didn't get to watch the game but not too surprising that we got blown out on the road as Houston never had a chance to win this game. No Chandler Parsons tonight and the team just played a game last night and then immediately flew to Minnesota for Sasha McHale's funeral, can't imagine there was much time to rest or practice. No Parsons or even Delfino meant the Thunder could just zero in on Harden/Lin (3-16 night for Harden, but he did get to the line for 11 free throws) and that would be it for us.

Edited by Dash