Indiana at Chicago

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img21266833.jpg

CHICAGO -- Paul George has found himself a new routine.

After laying a goose-egg his last time out, George scored 34 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead the Indiana Pacers to an 80-76 win over the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night.

Roy Hibbert added 10 points, 11 rebounds and a game-saving block for Indiana, which closed a four-game road trip with three victories.

The Bulls, who failed to win three straight for the first time this season, were able to keep David West, Indiana's leading scorer, in check -- but George picked up the slack.

George scored 10 points in the first quarter, highlighted by a thunderous dunk as George Hill's 3-point attempt bounced up off the back of the rim. It was George's best performance since scoring a career-high 37 points Nov. 21 against New Orleans. George went scoreless Saturday at Golden State, missing all seven of his shots.

"I'm always my worst critic," George said. "When we got back, we had the day off and I knew that I needed to work. I headed over to the gym, put up 500 shots, mixed it up from floaters to mid-range to 3-pointers. That's something that's got to be a routine for me."

Up two points in the closing seconds, Hibbert was the recipient of a controversial no-call that sent the home crowd into a frenzy. Luol Deng drove along the base line and was rejected by Hibbert, falling to the floor as West grabbed the rebound to send the Pacers back to the line to ice the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121204_IND@CHI