Miami @ New York

• 4 months later...

This is such a sub-par Christmas game. We went from the Lakers, to the Cavs, and now we are playing the Knicks on Christmas.

It might be sub-par to you, but not to Knicks fans. We haven't seen a game on Christmas in forever, so this will be a nice one to watch. I'll be at Church, so I'll tape the first quarter or so. We're hot, hopefully the crowd gets into it and we can win another one.

The Heat have made some recent changes as well. Carlos Arroyo is the new (but probably temporary) starting PG, and Dorell Wright is the 7th man.

This Knicks record is 8-3 this month, while the Heat have been 5-5.

I think this game will depend more on how the Heat play than how the Knicks play. No matter which team wins, it will be the Heat's fault.

What I mean is, if the Heat approach this game with the right intensity, they should have no problem winning this game. However, if they come out flat, the Knicks could capitalize, make a huge run early on, and destroy them the same way as the Grizzlies and the Thunder have this season. The Heat are still a better overall team than the Knicks, but they will only win this particular game if they play the right way.

I'll be looking for Wade to continue his second half play from last night, and come out firing tomorrow. Hopefully Beasley and Dorell will both bounce back from their terrible performances.

Edited by Poe

The Knicks beat a horrible Chicago team a few nights ago with a HUGE performance from D-Lee. If Gallo and Wilson can find their stroke and if JJ can hold Wade under 25 points the Knicks can surprise the Heat.

I think the Knicks take this, because they will be on fire from the field.

The Knicks will be firing depending on how motivated the Heat are when defending them. The Heat are typically a very good defensive team, so don't bank on the Knicks to get hot so easily.

Also, Wade gets what he wants when he sets his mind to it. You've got to be crazy to think one man can stop a top 3 player in the world like Wade. Only Wade can slow down Wade.

The Heat's offense has gotten better when they move the ball. They have a lot of offensive rebounds from what it looks like. The Knicks will lose if they keep taking these threes....they are cold....lmao at the "We Want Nate" chants

Wow we just got totally [expletive]ed by the refs, first harringtons technical which should have been a point for us instead of them, then obvious foul on lee from wade, then Jermaine O'Neal pushed off and got the rebound inbetween 4 Knicks, [expletive]ing NBA refs protecting Wade and his Heat. We still should have played better but the Refs really didnt help us at all.

^ Watchu talkin' 'bout? (edit: @Flash) The refs are so obviously protecting the Heat and Wade :rolleyes:

Anyway, Wade is looking more and more like the scoring machine we saw last year. He was very efficient all around, today.

Good to see Daequan back in the rotation. Hopefully he stays there and will gain more confidence with his jumper and his overall game.

Great defense from Dorell and Haslem today, although Dorell needs to attack with the ball in his hands.. there were a few times where he was alone on a break with freaking Danilo guarding him, and he just pulls out. He is MUCH quicker than Gallo. He needs confidence.

Beasley played.... somewhat ok today. Much better than last game, but he really needs to improve his hustle and overall defense. Only 2 boards in 35 minutes...

Chalmers is looking better defensively. If he can pick up his aggression on offense, he'll eventually make his way back to the starting line up.

Edited by Poe

Can Wade get pampered anymore? Seriously? Once Hughes jumped up to block his pass and they skimmed jerseys, barely touched each other and wham, foul. Ridiculous.

Yea, and I'm sure the refs also forced your team to shoot 5-28 from three and commit 17 TOs as well.

Once again the Knicks let a game slip away from them.

They were ice cold from 3, but they kept shooting. In the last minute of the game wilson and al realized that they had to drive the ball to score. Wade is a monster. When the knicks were trying to make a late run, wade would pull up with atleast 1 man in his face and drain it.

11-18 Spurs and Nets ahead of us.

8-4 in December, still remarkable for a team that started 1-9.

I was impressed with Gallo. He's developing a great all around game. First game I watched, all he did was camp and shoot. Now he's driving, rebounding, dishing. He's doing it all.

I like this team's core with Chandler, Gallo, and Lee. They should try and keep those three guys, and maybe Duhon as well.

D'Antoni still needs that point guard.

Also, why the [expletive] is the crowd chanting for Nate. They've had a winning record (7-4) since Mike's benched him since the first of this month.

I'm not blaming it on the refs, I'm just saying they did call some fouls for Wade that we didn't get. You need to admit Wade got some calls to protect him...

Maybe your team would get those same calls if you were aggressive instead of launching up threes all game.