Atlanta at Cleveland

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
CLEVELAND -- Atlanta coach Larry Drew had a simple message for Jeff Teague a few days ago: Be more aggressive.

The Hawks point guard is a good listener. Teague posted a career-high 27 points and Atlanta scored the game's final nine points to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 102-94 on Friday night.

"I'd like to take credit for it, but I can't," Drew said. "He just came out and played. When he plays with that energy, he makes us a much better team."

Teague's jumper from the foul line gave the Hawks a 95-94 lead with 2:32 remaining to spark the late run.

"I was just being aggressive," he said. "Coach pulled me aside after the Philly game and told me to bring more energy."

Teague's performance wasn't lost on his teammates, who felt he was the difference in the victory that sent Atlanta to its third straight win and raised its road record to 8-4.

"Jeff was great tonight," Hawks center Zaza Pachulia said. "This was the best game in his career. He scored my jersey number (27). We need Jeff to play like this."

Kyrie Irving led Cleveland with 28 points, but the Cavaliers failed to score in the final 2:53 after taking a 94-93 lead.

Lou Williams scored 16 points for Atlanta while Al Horford added 14 points and 11 rebounds.

Dion Waiters scored 18 points for Cleveland, which had its season-high two-game winning streak end.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20121228_ATL@CLE