New Orleans at Philadelphia

• 3 months later...

This was my first time watching the Hornets since Eric Gordon returned and, man, his body language out there is just awful. Even though he has played about as well as you could hope coming off of knee surgery, he looks like he'd rather be anything other than a Hornet. He isn't really hustling on defense, isn't running the lanes hard and settles for some difficult jumpers (granted, he was hitting them to start this game). For anybody who has watched more than just one game of hsi this year, is this a common theme or was this just a one time thing from him?

As for the game itself, I really enjoyed watching the point guard matchup between Vasquez and Holiday. I think Vasquez is the most improved player this year and Holiday, as all of you already know, has taken that step from being a solid point guard to being a bonafide all-star. It was really fun watching the two of them go at it tonight. Holiday (29 points, 11 assists, 5 boards and 3 steals) got the better of the individual matchup, but Vasquez played a very good game of his own (23 points, 9 assists, although he did have 6 turnovers against Holiday's smothering defense) and also got the win.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that my favourite part of this game was by far the numerous meltdowns that Collins was having on the sideline. I don't envy the Sixer players after this game or at their next practice. Collins probably tore a strip off them and will undoubtedly run them intot he ground after the way they played in this one.

• Owner

Gordon was kind of like that back in Clipperland. The dude just doesn't know how to deal with a losing season. No team he has played for has won more than 35 games or so in a season, so I'm sure that, PLUS the fact he always finds a way to get hurt, makes things less enjoyable.

Plus, he has that sad look on his face a lot, which probably doesn't help anything, haha.

Even when he was playing all-star basketball (a couple of seasons back, he was putting up nearly 24-25 a night, on decent shooting), he acted that way every few quarters...but you can tell he was going to be super unhappy the day he was traded, lol.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/newhornets.jpg

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. I even remember there being questions about this dating back to his Hoosier days.

I've just never seen it this bad from him. Even last year he wasn't moping around like he did tonight. Combine that with all the drama this offseason (begging the Hornets not to match, the whole "my heart is in Phoenix" thing, etc...) and it just seems like he is already done with the Hornets.

I really hope that isn't the case because Gordon is a hell of a player when healthy and motivated. If the Hornets are able to land somebody like Shabazz in the draft, I think they have a really bright future when you combine him with Gordon, Davis and even Vasquez.