LA Lakers at Toronto

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

Alan Anderson just got Howard ejected. That guy is the ultimate troll. :lol:

The best part of that whole sequence was how obvious the refs were trying to get out of ejecting Howard. They clearly call a T on him but then realize later "oh shit, he already has one, we can't eject him, can we?"

bigdog17k: mwp is a [expletive]got

iWarren2ThaG: strong

bigdog17k: bye howard lmfao

bigdog17k: guy is a joke

bigdog17k: lmao wow refs rly hate him

iWarren2ThaG: did he do sumtin bad

bigdog17k: kinda, just his stupid antics

bigdog17k: got into it with some raptor

iWarren2ThaG: oh my!

bigdog17k: post about it

Lol.

The refs just called a technical on Bryant, negating a Toronto 3-0 fast break. So instead of Toronto getting a guaranteed 2 points, they come away empty handed on that possession (missed technical FT and didn't score on subsequent possession).

I think this is the 2nd time that has happened in this game as well. Dwight Howard's first T stopped a Raps break as well.

Gasol looking good right now in the absence of Dwight.

Offensively, yeah.

His defense has been god awful. Ed Davis has taken him one-on-one two or three times this half, finishing over him, through him and sticking jumpers in his face as well. Davis is my favourite player on this team and he has definitely improved offensively, but not to the point where he should be scoring so easily in individual matchups.

It isn't even just Davis, either. His help has been non-existent. If any Raptor gets by their man, it is a guaranteed layup.

And good god, the Lakers are a mess.

Was that one of the best game of Landry Fields' career? Obviously I didn't see a whole lot of him with the Knicks but I would definitely think this game is at least in the top 5 for him. I know he had a few really good games his rookie year so this probably isn't at the top of the list, but it was an awesome game for him.

He was fantastic on offense bailing out the Raptors probably 3 or 4 times by making a great cut to give an outlet to a teammate who was trapped in a poor position on the floor. He was active on the glass both offensively and defensively. He ended up with 10 boards, but there were another 3-4 times where him just keeping the ball alive resulted in a teammate getting the board.

His defense on Kobe was fantastic. He was the primary defender on Kobe for pretty much the entire game and was forcing him into some really difficult shots. He wasn't even getting a whole lot of help either. Sure, there was usually a 2nd defender (Ed Davis or Amir Johnson mainly) shading over ready to provide help should Fields need it, but very rarely did he end up actually needing the help. He played the passing lanes really well but didn't take any unecessary gambles. Even with his 4 steals, I don't think I really saw any occasions where he over gambled to go for a steal.

I was very, very impressed by Fields today.