Charlotte @ Miami

alcstarheel

• 4 months later...

And you can have your race to the 1st round elimination by the Hawks again. :) Hey, at least you guys still think LeBron's coming to Miami...i mean you guys got the clubs and beaches and D-Wade, he's gotta come to Miami right? If he doesn't then what? More 1st round eliminations.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

They actually lost, wow. Are you a Heat fan or a LeBron hater lol.

We did lose today but we still have something your boy doesn't have ;).

I think LeBron's a hell of a player he's just kind of a douche sometimes. Your constant homerism doesn't help the cause either. Keep at it though it makes for good discussions.

We did lose today but we still have something your boy doesn't have ;).

I think LeBron's a hell of a player he's just kind of a douche sometimes. Your constant homerism doesn't help the cause either. Keep at it though it makes for good discussions.

The irony.....

You're comment on LeBron ....I could really care less, the other 100 posts on this site you've made about LeBron deal with bashing LeBron and all the sudden you think he's just kind of a douche sometimes.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The irony.....

You're comment on LeBron ....I could really care less, the other 100 posts on this site you've made about LeBron deal with bashing LeBron and all the sudden you think he's just kind of a douche sometimes.

Lol go find them. Yea I said he's immature but even I said he was better than Wade. There's no denying his talent. My only problem is his immaturity.

I think Spoelstra is a good coach, but he really needs to work on his ingame decision making. I don't understand the point he was trying to make this game... Playing Q-Rich the entire second half??? Giving Dorell only 5 minutes even though he played well?? Cook was on a pretty short leash too, but he was shooting poorly... as usual.

And if there is something he doesn't accept from his role players, he shouldn't accept it from his stars. Wade had a lot of turnovers, yet he also played the entire second half. I know you can't bench your best player like that, but either way, you've got to at least give him a breather at some point. It wasn't like he was going off for 50.

The only player I understand the extra time for was Arroyo. Chalmers was complete garbage today. He's got to get his head together, or else the Heat need to add a point guard to the list of 2010 pick ups.

As of right now, though, I can understand that this team isn't quite elite, yet. They still need to be patient and pick up a couple of guys in order to push over the top. MEANWHILE, the Heat NEED to focus on developing the young guys! Chalmers, Cook, Wright, and Joel were given a combined 25 or so minutes. The Heat have got to make them push through tough times if you ever hope for them to develop into future key players.

I think Spoelstra is a good coach, but he really needs to work on his ingame decision making. I don't understand the point he was trying to make this game... Playing Q-Rich the entire second half??? Giving Dorell only 5 minutes even though he played well?? Cook was on a pretty short leash too, but he was shooting poorly... as usual.

And if there is something he doesn't accept from his role players, he shouldn't accept it from his stars. Wade had a lot of turnovers, yet he also played the entire second half. I know you can't bench your best player like that, but either way, you've got to at least give him a breather at some point. It wasn't like he was going off for 50.

The only player I understand the extra time for was Arroyo. Chalmers was complete garbage today. He's got to get his head together, or else the Heat need to add a point guard to the list of 2010 pick ups.

As of right now, though, I can understand that this team isn't quite elite, yet. They still need to be patient and pick up a couple of guys in order to push over the top. MEANWHILE, the Heat NEED to focus on developing the young guys! Chalmers, Cook, Wright, and Joel were given a combined 25 or so minutes. The Heat have got to make them push through tough times if you ever hope for them to develop into future key players.

Agree with most of what you said but how many times are we going to have to deal with his stupid in-game decisions. Q-Rich was playing great and he basically kept us in the game. Wade's turnovers were terrible. He and Beasley just can never be on the same page and we need that moving forward.

Chalmers is complete garbage every game. I won't defend him ever. He's playing the worst basketball I've ever seen someone in a Heat uniform play. Dorrell should be the backup point guard IMO. He was missed a lot yesterday because his length could've helped out in defending Stephen Jackson. The bench needs more minutes because they can be an asset to this team; the problem is that none of them have any confidence besides Haslem and Dorell sometimes because Spo is so inconsistent with the distribution of minutes.

Dwyane's defense sucked yesterday too. Whether it was Jackson, Murray or Felton he was getting torched by whoever he was guarding.

Chalmers played with a chip on his shoulder last year and played great for the Heat, which earned him the all rookie second team. I was hoping he would improve his play this year.. but he's lacked motivation. This year he has yet to reestablish himself as a defensive PG. He's looked even worse offensively overall.

Arroyo has clearly outplayed him in every aspect except the one area he lacks.. which is 3 point shooting, and that sucks cause he's too old to develop that as a part of his game. It also sucks that Chalmers is allowing himself to be outplayed like this, cause I'm really hoping Dorell would continue to develop at the point position. In my opinion, that is the area he has the most potential in. Just look at the game against Sacramento. Dorell has said so himself that he wants to play the point. Why did Spoelstra move away from that?

It's getting harder and harder to trust that Chalmers will rise back up, though he's completely capable of doing it. Let's give him more time before we completely give up on him. In an ideal world, he'll outplay Arroyo, regain the starting position, and Dorell will become the back up 1-3.

Q-Rich had a very nice game.. but, still, he shouldn't be playing an entire half. He needs a breather at some point, and Dorell could have been valuable defensively, and may have been able to provide a spark on offense. He played aggressively while he was out there, attacking the basket pretty hard. Something he lacked earlier this season... then Spoe takes him out. That's the wrong message to send to Dorell.

I think what Spoelstra needs to change is to have a clear set rotation. He's not making the most out of his players when they don't know how long they'll be out there. Obviously his whole "earn your minutes" philosophy isn't working, cause he's so damn inconsistent about it. Haslem, Wade, and Q-Rich are the only players given consistent minutes each game. The rest of the players will go out there and they won't know whether they'll play 25 minutes, or get pulled out for the rest of the game after only a few. The players need to know their roles and know what to expect each game.

Chalmers is the only player who is given minutes when playing well. It's obvious Cook and Wright aren't given the same treatment, and it feels like they are completely ignored even when playing well. I think it's the main reason Cook jacks up shots. He feels like he needs to chuck before he gets pulled.

It also didn't help that Jermaine became ice cold in the second half after being on fire in the first 2 quarters.

I agree Q shouldn't play a whole half because he needs rest and we have guys who need minutes. Dorell is better at the point than Chalmers at this point and its evident.

Beasley was a beast yesterday and Spo took him out once he got his fourth foul in the third but didn't insert him back in until there was 6 minutes left in the fourth. Again he kills any hope of Beasley growing into the player he can one day become.