Orlando @ Indiana

• 4 months later...
  • Owner

Three things lost this game for Orlando:

1) Vince Carter and his pathetic shooting.

2) Dwight Howard and his inability to stop a versatile Roy Hibbert.

3) The Orlando Magic and their hesitation to go inside to Howard.

#1 and #3 will be devastating blows to the Magic if they don't fix that come playoff time.

Three things lost this game for Orlando:

1) Vince Carter and his pathetic shooting.

2) Dwight Howard and his inability to stop a versatile Roy Hibbert.

3) The Orlando Magic and their hesitation to go inside to Howard.

#1 and #3 will be devastating blows to the Magic if they don't fix that come playoff time.

We need to run this offense through Dwight, it's hard though when he gets called for every little ticky tack foul on the face of tha earth. It's really depressing. You got a guy like LBJ who gets calls for him, and a guy like Howard in what seems like the league is against. Now I've heard people say it's because he's a big and that's why you never see him usually get the benefit. But it's like damn. And yeah, Vince need to work on his shot I'm tired of his like 9-28 FG games.

• Owner

I don't know, man. I saw one bad call against him. Those others were legit, especially that last foul that he was complaining about.

Howard's weakness? A big and/or strong center that will take it to him in the post. Since the start of the season, Hibbert has gotten surprisingly stronger, quicker than I expected. With his ability to hit that jumper, Howard had no choice but to follow him out 15 feet from the rim, and when he did that, Hibbert used his speed to get to the rim, or Howard respected his post a bit less, and Hibbert used his strength to gain that respect back.

I'm DEFINITELY not comparing Hibbert and Howard to the two, but it seemed like a poor man's version of Hakeem versus Robinson out there tonight, where Dwight just didn't have an answer for him.