Who should start at the three for Golden State?

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Both Richard Jefferson and Brandon Rush were coming off the bench last season for the Warriors, but both are capable of playing the SF position.

Barnes is a rookie, no experience, but may have the goods to come in and contribute right away.

Green is also a rook, not as promising as Barnes, but...well, I couldn't leave him out, haha.

---------

It's hard for me to go against Brandon Rush, who I thought played really well last season. He's also a far better defensive player than Jefferson. I'd still love to see Barnes get a lot of time, though, so maybe Rush could slide in behind Klay at the two (after starting at the three) and play extended minutes.

• Like 1

I would start Barnes in 2k13, but this is real life. You've gotta start Jefferson or Rush until Barnes TAKES that job from one of them. You can't just start the kid because you used a lottery pick on him (not even like he was a top 3 pick...), especially when you are trying to make the playoffs... unless you are trying to ruin your locker room in the first month.

It really depends how how Barnes does in preseason and in camp also. If he shines or does just as good as Jefferson or Rush I would start Barnes. Gotta go with who gives you the best chance to win, personally don't see how a washed up Jefferson or bench player Rush can do better than Barnes.

Rush is more polished right now.

I see Barnes contribuiting, but he needs work before he's ready to start, mainly on D. If the Dubs weren't worried about losing some games in the begning of the season, then I'd say a'ight, go 'head and start Barnes, but every game's important this year. Just my $ 0.02.

It has to be Brandon Rush. Curry, Thompson and Lee are all offensive minded. We need another player that will be ready to guard opposing wings and still be able to spread the floor.

Harrison Barnes can be starting by the end of the year or even mid-season, but Rush is the clear choice for now unless Barnes goes into LeBron mode during pre-season.

I'd take Harrison Barnes myself. He's a great offensive threat, and he also can play defense decently well. Brandon Rush also will push for that starting spot with the way he performed last season. I wasn't a big fan of him after his "bust" tenure with my Pacers, but he showed me some things last year. He's in a good situation with a coach that uses him correctly. Wouldn't be a bad move to start him to be honest.

I'd take Harrison Barnes myself. He's a great offensive threat, and he also can play defense decently well. Brandon Rush also will push for that starting spot with the way he performed last season. I wasn't a big fan of him after his "bust" tenure with my Pacers, but he showed me some things last year. He's in a good situation with a coach that uses him correctly. Wouldn't be a bad move to start him to be honest.

We don't need another offensive threat in the line-up, and he isn't even a proven offensive player at a pro level, yet. We need to start the more experienced and defensive-minded Rush to start the year. At least until Barnes proves himself and gets used to the league. I would rather have more wins now than keep rebuilding.

Richard Jefferson is washed up. Just like Vince Carter, he is reserved for a bench role. The debate really comes down to Rush or Barnes. Until Barnes can prove himself, the job is Rush's to lose.

I agree with this completely. I think Barnes will be in the starting line up within the first 20 games.