Is Brandon Jennings on his way out of Milwaukee?

Real Deal

• Owner

Is this the season it happens? Will the Bucks finally trade him before the deadline, and before his qualifying offer...or will he take a walk at the end of the season?

I feel like the Bucks took Doron Lamb for a reason. The guy is a sharpshooter and a scorer, and regardless of whether or not he becomes a starting guard for the Bucks, he's not going to play big minutes behind Ellis OR Jennings. He fell quite a bit in the draft, from lottery pick to second round, but he's got the potential to be one of those players that makes the best of his surroundings.

Would it make sense to just deal Jennings before the deadline, finding a player (or combo of players) that can help beef up your frontcourt a bit more? I mean, after losing Bogut, the Bucks really have nothing to brag about (as if Bogut was THAT big of a deal, but at least he was a defensive-minded center that could give you double-doubles when healthy).

Forgive me for not being that high on John Henson. I think he will have a lot of work to do.

I don't think we'll trade Jennings for a couple of reasons.

1) About a month ago he said he'd be open to an extension with Milwaukee. I don't think he's serious about it. It's probably just him and his agent trying to raise his value a bit. If no one else bites for him though he knows Milwaukee will overpay for him like they always do. Once they do that he could demand his trade then.

2) The Bucks never trade pieces at the deadline. They always think they're competing and they're happy with the 8th seed and a first round bounce. As long as the Bucks are in somewhat decent shape to make the playoffs in some fashion, Jennings will not be moved.

I'm not that high on Henson either. We have a logjam at the forward position now and he doesn't seem to be much different than the others we have. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

I'm not a huge fan of players like Jennings, but that backcourt is very intriguing to me at the very least. Jennings actually put together a pretty decent year last year, and I read somewhere (grantland I think) that they were a top 5 offense once Monta got there? If I had to guess (and if I was them) it would be that he signs something like a 5 year 50 million or 60 million deal this year or in the summer. They aren't going to get better than him, and the kid is the face of the franchise right now. Is that a lot of money? Yeah, sure, but I think Jennings is a guy who can be a key cog on a playoff team (not a title contender though obviously).

He's actually not THAT bad of a player. I remember saying in a thread here he would be out of the league within 4 years, but he does bring some things to the table, and a 2 like Monta can sort of help with some of the ball handling duties.

Milwaukee isn't a big market so they aren't going to attract many marquee players (unless its via trade which is still highly unlikely). Also the Bucks have one of the least talented rosters in the league. Those two things factored together really work against the Bucks and work in Jennings favor imo, the Bucks will probably just be stuck with him as much as they would want to get rid of him.

They could probably use him as trade bait once they determine a different direction for the franchise and add some more talent on their roster.

I personally don't see him being moved. I think the Bucks brought him in because they wanted to experiment with him and Monte running the show. I also am a fan of them two in the back court and think if they can get a couple of bigs that can run the floor they would do damage running a Denver style offense.