Free falling in space

SRV

• Owner

Yeah, it's a 23-mile high jump...never done before, and he's looking to break the sound barrier with just his body, which is scary. At that altitude, even slight changes in wind speed (as he's falling) or a small miscalculation...well, it could kill him instantly.

He's also testing the suit they provided him, for astronauts, so he's doing it for more than just himself.

I wish him the best, as I imagine his life is at great risk up there. Earlier in the stream there was a moment where he asked a question at like 50,000 feet and the guy giving him instruction was like "Hold up, I screwed up"...I would have shit myself lol

• Owner

They've delayed this about 2-3 times already (at least since I've been paying attention to it). He was supposed to go up on Tuesday, when I first found out about this guy...and the winds were about 5 MPH too strong. They need it to be around 1-2 MPH max, and just knowing THAT would freak me the hell out.

I have been watching this damn balloon rising for over an hour, I hope he jumps soon. Hes already at 127,00 feet, which is above what he was supposed to do.

Edited by SRV

I wish I could understand what he was saying, the only thing I heard was "I am going home now" right before he jumped. If I was the guy giving him instructions I would have been saying "what?" after everything he said. I am guessing the guy giving him instructions had better audio quality.

Edited by SRV