Leandro Barbosa signs with the Boston Celtics

Real Deal

• Owner
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent guard Leandro Barbosa has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Uh...

Rajon Rondo

Jason Terry

Avery Bradley

Leandro Barbosa

Courtney Lee

Scariest backcourt five ever? And where do they come up with the extra minutes for Jet, Blur and Lee?

• Owner

Thats going to be a pretty good backcourt but they should be looking to get a defensive shooting guard. Wade is still going to go off on them.

Bradley plays the two. He was the backup PG last year, but did see a lot of minutes at the SG slot, and plans were to have him start in the backcourt with Rondo this season, anyway (once they got rid of Ray Ray). He would have been defending Wade in the playoffs, and I think Boston would have won that series.

Also, Lee isn't that bad of a defender. He's no Bradley (arguably the best perimeter defender in the league), but still...

• Like 1

One thing we know for sure now - they are prepared as ever if something happens to Bradley like last season.

The key for the non Big 3 though is Sullinger and Melo. One of them needs to play like Big Baby did. The backup bigs is the nly question at this point.

This team can be very scary...but who knows how hard they will play in the regular season. Might just play hard enough to get in before the true test.

I remember the Lakers were rumored to be in the hunt. This is disappointing.

It shouldn't be. Barbosa sucks.

I never realized it when he was playing for Toronto (I mean, I knew he wasn't the same player he once was but I didn't realize how bad he had become) since there was such a complete lack of talent on those teams the past two years, but watching him on the Pacers last year really opened my eyes to how bad has become.

I thought Colangelo trading him for a late 2nd at the deadline was just him wanting to get Barbosa on a playoff team (which may have been part of it) but I came to the conclusion that was simply what his value was. I was delusional thinking that he would be able to fetch a 1st because he simply isn't a good player anymore.

He kills any offensive flow since he is a complete ball stopper, he is an inefficient scorer, has a severe case of tunnel vision and can't defend anybody. He also completely disappears in the playoffs. I know the Lakers don't have great guard depth, but adding Barbosa wouldn't be a positive.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised he even found an NBA team to play for this year. I thought he would head back to Brazil for sure.

• Like 1

(...) To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised he even found an NBA team to play for this year. I thought he would head back to Brazil for sure.

Same here. Especially, after watching him whine (again) how he wants to be closer to his family in Brazil.

Edited by Sħãlïq