Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city

Guru

Yeah I'm buying it too... just couldnt wait to listen lol

just listened to some snippets and this seems to be on some next level shit....i'm talking album of the year?

we'll see tho

Was disappointed with the snippets and the crazy track lengths, but the kid's got crazy talent so I'll give it a listen soon. If anyone can hit me up with a link it'd be appreciated.

Really? I still have only heard snippets...waiting to buy it tomorrow.

I've pretty much only heard good things about it. Most are saying it could very well be Hip Hop AOTY.

Nitro, curious, what did you think of .section80? I think it's one of the most slept on albums of our generation (past 7-10 years).

Edited by JYD

Nitro, curious, what did you think of .section80? I think it's one of the most slept on albums of our generation (past 7-10 years).

It was ok...lyrics were pretty strong, but the production bored me and no song really stood out and grabbed my attention.

This album is really, really [expletive]ing good. Lyrically this album is right behind El-P's and Brother Ali's albums. The production on this album is solid as hell, it keeps you engaged the entire time. The only shitty track is Poetic Justice with Drake. Other than that track though, this shit is easily a top 5 album this year for me. I really like that he didn't flood his album with features. His story-telling ability is up there with the greats imo. The only way I can see someone not liking this album is if they already hate Kendrick's flow/sound. I happily gave him $13 for this album.

SICK album, I wish Em could've collab'd with Kendrick tho, wouldve been a sick combo. Love every song

hmm,, that would be an interesting combo....but i think, like guru said, that's what makes this album sick. he doesn't have too many features. i love that especially on a debut album.

the interludes and skits are annoying in the middle of songs after you've heard them a few times it's like damn man i gotta skip to the music lol i don't want to hear these dudes talking again. thats my only complaint. but that's why the CD cover says a "short film." Kendrick is literally telling a story.