Must read: "The Ghost of Game 7"

AboveLegit

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/10/23/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-4893-1351014859-0.gif

Here's the video, 16:45 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pEGvKVNoJ8E#!

Nearly two decades ago, a bit player on an NBA team in overtime of Game 7 made an outlandish, absurd and befuddling choice at the height of NBA drama. At the least, this act could have cost his team a playoff series. It also could have caused a humiliating referee scandal or cost him his job.

Everybody saw it, and nobody, not even the player himself, realized what was happening.

“I just wanted to help, do anything I could,” he explains, now that he has seen it all on video.

Read more

A truly great piece by Ethan Strauss documenting one of the most bizarre, yet undetected moments in sports history. Pretty crazy how it all unfolded, even after reading the article, I hardly noticed the amount of players on the court because you're so focused on what Hakeem was doing. Just imagine if this all went down in today's game...

• Like 1

The media was none the wiser. This was a different era. Replay was not so advanced and there were no eagle-eyed YouTubers to alert the public.

When I ask former Sonics coach George Karl about the sudden sixth man, he recalls, “I was not aware of it until the next couple days.

Crazy stuff.

The moon-walking man in a bear suit had the best of intentions.

Haha.

He was just excited, so taken with the action that his legs compelled him toward it.

So he didn't even plan the moment at which to step onto the court, when the attention was on Hakeem? That's nuts.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS

• Owner

LOL, I think it's funny. You see coaches do this all the time when they're pissed off.

I actually watched that series, and had a referee said something about it, I would be remembering it today...but I don't remember ever noticing it.

LOL, I think it's funny. You see coaches do this all the time when they're pissed off.

I actually watched that series, and had a referee said something about it, I would be remembering it today...but I don't remember ever noticing it.

Same here. I swear I never saw him.. and he's right there! Nobody saw him!!! Crazy stuff! :lol: