Thunder Expected To Pursue Millsap

There was speculation on Sunday night that the Thunder might be preparing an offer for Paul Millsap.

Millsap is a restricted free agent, and former Jazz director of player personnel Troy Weaver is now a part of Oklahoma City's front office.

The Thunder are expected to have $11 million in cap space this summer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60161/20090629/thunder_expected_to_pursue_millsap/

where does he fit? does green or harden come off the bench?

One of them already has to, basically. I don't see how you start Durant or Green at the 4, I mean the lineup in all likelihood will look like this:

Westbrook

Durant

Green

Collison

Mullens/Krstic

6th man: Harden

Thabo

Swift

White

Vaden

whoever else makes the squad

If Millsap was signed he'd play the 4 as a starter and idk who the center would be... Mullins might start right away but he's far from ready. Collison and Krstic is at least a fairly big and experienced combo to keep them in games.

Westbrook

Durant

Green

Collison

Mullens/Krstic

6th man: Harden

Thabo

Swift

White

Vaden

whoever else makes the squad

i doubt collison would start it would be

brook

Thab/Harden

Durant

Green/millsap

krisic

but green would start

only way mullens starts if he dramatically improves this offseason

Thunder Preparing Offer For Paul Millsap

The Oklahoma City Thunder are expected to offer a lucrative offer sheet to Paul Millsap that will be problematic for Utah to match.

The Jazz are projected to be some $3 million into luxury-tax territory next season before even accounting for Millsap, after Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur and Kyle Korver all declined their opportunity this week to become unrestricted free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Chatter-090701

hope he takes up the offer

i think we will end up getting Lee. by the looks jazz want millsap him and they have boozer on the block. i think its tough going to get millsap

and Knicks arnt going to even bother about matching Lee's contract i think we have a higher chance at getting him

Edited by MoeRoadKill

The Thunder have an interesting young nucleus. I was really rooting for the Chandler trade to go through last February but this is almost as good as it gets. (If not better.) Hopefully they can compete in 3-4 years. Likely when the Spurs fall off. Westbrook, Durant, Green, Millsap, Harden and Sefolosha are looking good for years to come.