James Harden traded to the Rockets

That's where Dwight Howard comes into play...

and that is where westbrook dumps it to a wide open ibaka or perkins for a dunk. i mean it isn't like being weak at defense at PG will be anything new, but this trade really makes no difference to the Lakers. Harden was awful last season in the semi finals

Anyone think Houston has an outside shot of grabbing the 8th seed this year (although likely falling short once again)? Before this deal I was thinking maybe 25-30 wins with our defense (primarily Asik and Parsons) keeping us in games, but ultimately dropping them due the lack of a consistent scorer/closer. Not saying Harden is going to be this team's savior or anything, he isn't battle tested as "the man" in the NBA but I'm thinking 35-40 wins is very realistic.

Anyone think Houston has an outside shot of grabbing the 8th seed this year (although likely falling short once again)? Before this deal I was thinking maybe 25-30 wins with our defense (primarily Asik and Parsons) keeping us in games, but ultimately dropping them due the lack of a consistent scorer/closer. Not saying Harden is going to be this team's savior or anything, he isn't battle tested as "the man" in the NBA but I'm thinking 35-40 wins is very realistic.

its possible. the interior defense is good, but the perimeter defense is really lacking, and that will hurt against the Lakers and Thunder

and that is where westbrook dumps it to a wide open ibaka or perkins for a dunk. i mean it isn't like being weak at defense at PG will be anything new, but this trade really makes no difference to the Lakers. Harden was awful last season in the semi finals

I have no idea how you can say this trade will make no difference lol. Harden was awful and the Thunder still beat LA. With him gone, LA can put Kobe on Westbrook and Nash on either Thabo or Kevin Martin which will make defense way easier.

Just because he had one bad semni final doesn't mean he'll have another lol. This trade is amazing for LA.

It changes alot, Westbrook will be relied on heavily for the playmaking for this team. That basically just means... more shots/turnovers will be prone to happen.

What changes a lot is the playmaking for the 2nd unit... Or lack thereof. Harden was counted on a lot to not only score while Westbrook and/or Durant were getting breathers, but to create for others. Martin can fill the scoring void off the bench, but he simply lacks the playmaking skills. I think that role will now fall to either Reggie Jackson or Eric Maynor to step up and make sure OKC's offense doesnt bog down when Westy and Durant aren't in the game.

Wow this trade just came out of no where, good trade for the Rockets though. I hope Martin gets himself together in OKC and Lamb is unproven but looks like a stud with good potential. As for Harden he wont make us no contender but its a start. Lin and Harden looks a lot better than Lin and Martin.

its possible. the interior defense is good, but the perimeter defense is really lacking, and that will hurt against the Lakers and Thunder

Eh I think our perimeter defense as a whole is fine but none of our point guards can defend crap. Asik and Parons are both terrific help defenders though and can help mask it.

Right now? Of course not. But I think we have to give him a full year as the man first.

Pretty much this. True, he did struggle in the Finals last year but Harden did just turn 23 years old and I know it sounds weak but Daryl has been money this entire offseason.

PG-Jeremy Lin

SG-James Harden

SF-Chandler Parsons

PF-Patrick Patterson

C-Omer Asik

Damn this is a freaking steal.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wqzd35.png

Edited by Dash