Which team can make the PO's in the West

htownborn

Which non playoff team can make the PO's  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which non playoff team from last year do you think can make it to the playoffs in the west this season?

For me it is between the T'Wolves and Warriors

For the T'Wolves Love, Rubio, and Pekovic should improve from last season with adding Kirlenko and Roy. They lost some good depth but added some nice players like Budinger, Cunningham, and Stiemsma. I think the x-factor's to watch for the T'Wolves will be Brandon Roy and Derrick Williams. We know what to expect from mostly everyone else but Roy has had injury problems and missed all of last season. If he can stay healthy and play anywhere close to his form before retiring he can be a big help. As for Williams he just needs to show he can provide off of the bench into a six man role.

For the Warriors Klay Thompson was a good pick last year and drafting Barnes, Ezeli, and Green should help along with adding Jack and Landry in Free Agency. I think the key for a Warriors playoff run lies on the health on Curry and Bogut being healthy. We know what David Lee can bring but if Curry and Bogut can stay healthy with a good season from Barnes and Thompson I think they could have the best shot of going to the playoffs.

I would have said the Timberwolves before Love's and Rubio's injuries. But with their two best players missing significant time, I don't think they will make it. I think the Blazers have the best chance at the playoffs of the non-playoff teams in the West.

• Owner

I'm giving the Warriors my vote, as long as Curry and Bogut stay healthy. They have too much talent. I just don't believe in Harden as a primary scoring option, not really sure how well Jeremy Lin will play (still expect many turnovers), and I'm not banking on Donatas Motiejunas to do too much in this first season. Never really thought Omer Asik was a starter-level player, either...at least not yet.

T-Wolves have a slew of injuries heading into the season. No love for a quarter of the season, and Rubio is out for atleast half the season if I'm not mistaken. If they were heading into the season injury free then I would have them anywhere from 6-8.

Warriors are the obvious pick. Really deep team, but it's hard to believe that they'll make it through a good chuck of the season with the same starting five.

I'll go with the Kings though. It's really hard to pass up a frontcourt with Cousins and Robinson. Cousins will be the clear cut third best center in the league by the end of the season, potentially making a case for the second best.

I'll say the Wolves.

I don't think Sacramento or GSW have a shot, and it's too early to put in the Hornets in the discussion in Davis' first year. The Blazers and Suns don't have enough depth behind their core players, but they should compete. I really like what Houston has done, but it's only year one with Lin and Harden.

So that leaves me with the Wolves.

ESPN's magazine preview had them finishing third in the West, which baffles me. I'm not the biggest fan of Love, but this team is on the rise. Roy and Kirlenko gives them established veterans. Very good mix of talent so I'll go with them.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest