Surprise Team:

Disappointing Team:

Disappointing Player:

Offensive Rookie:

Defensive Rookie:

Coach of the mid season:

Comeback Player:

Edited by htownborn

MVP: Aaron Rodgers (This was a tough one and I really wanted to go with someone else but I honestly can't find a player playing better than Rodgers right now he has 2,165 yards passing and his TD to TO ratio is 21-4. I wanted Eli but he has a 12/8 TD to TO ratio and Matt Ryan has played good but not better than Rodgers. I would chose Watt but the NFL hardly gives defensive players any love when it comes to the MVP)

Offensive MVP: Victor Cruz (This was kind of a toss up but I went with Victor Cruz. He has 52 catches, 650 yards, and 7 TD, he's very explosive and is a big play waiting to happen. Arian Foster could possibly make a case as well with 659 rushing yard and 9 TD and 10 total TD's. Granted has had a lot of carries this season.)

Defensive MVP: JJ Watt (This one really isn't close for me other than Clay Matthews and Lance Briggs and maybe Tim Jennings no one has had the type of impact Watt has had thus far. 9.5 sacks, 10 pass deflections, 34 tackles in only 7 games so far. That's insane for a 5 tech 3-4 D-lineman. Not to mention this guy had a shoulder injury before the NFL year and didn't even have a preseason game to get warmed up. At this moment I believe you could argue he's the best defensive player in the league this year.)

Surprise Team: Minnesota Vikings (I kind of underrated this team coming in I don't even think I had them winning 4 games this year and the already surpassed that. I like what Ponder has done so far, Percy Harvin is on the verge of a career season, There defense has looked good, and best of all Peterson looks like he's back to his old form. I'm really liking this team I hope they can keep it up.)

Disappointing Team: Detroit Lions (For this team to have the type of season they had last year I defiantly expected better this season. They struggled beating the Rams, lost to the Titans, and for the most part have went down to the wire with most teams. And Matt Stafford has been a bit disappointing this season and he has only connected with Calvin Johnson for even 1 TD pass.

Disappointing Player: Mario Williams (This was another tough one because I though about Vick, Newton, and McFadden but for Mario to be one of the highest paid D-Lineman in the history of the NFL he hasn't lived up to it one bit this season. I didn't expect Mario to have a monster season because he's always been a bit inconsistent but I expected way better from him than what I've seen)

Offensive Rookie: RG3 (Andrew Luck and Alfred Morris could make a good case for this but I have to go with RG3. Luck may have more passing yards but he's TD to TO ratio is 8-8 while RG3 is 8-3 not to mention RG3 has nearly 500 yards rushing with 6 TD. Both have had there clutch moments this season but at this point RG3 just stands out more and looks better at this moment)

Defensive Rookie: Chandler Jones (Jones almost wins this by default since there really aren't that many good defensive rookie's this year like it was last year. So far he has 18 tackles and 6 sacks through 8 games.)

Coach of the midseaon: Mike Smith (I would go Leslie Frazier but I can't just ignore the fact that Mike Smith has lead this team to being the only undefeated team in the NFL.)

Comeback Player: Peyton Manning (Really no need for an explanation unless you consider Adrian Peterson as a comeback player this year)

Edited by htownborn

MVP: Matt Ryan

Offensive MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Defensive MVP: J.J. Watt

Surprise Team: Vikings/Colts

Disappointing Team: Saints/Panthers

Disappointing Player: Jermichael Finley/DMC/Scam

Offensive Rookie: RG3

Defensive Rookie: Chandler

Coach of the mid season: Joe Philbin

Comeback Player: Demeco Ryans

Edited by iMan

MVP: Eli Manning

Offensive MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Defensive MVP: JJ Watt

Surprise Team: Colts

Disappointing Team: Lions

Disappointing Player: Cam Newton

Defensive Rookie: Chandler Jones

Coach of the mid season: Leslie Frazier

Comeback Player: Peyton Manning

Offensive MVP: Matt Ryan

Defensive MVP: J.J. Watt

Surprise Team: Vikings

Disappointing Team: Panthers

Defensive Rookie: Morris Claiborne

Coach of the mid season: Leslie Frazier

MVP: Eli

Offensive MVP: Rodgers

Defensive MVP: Watts

Surprise Team: Vikings

Disappointing Team: Eagles

Disappointing Player: Rivers

Offensive Rookie: Richardson

Defensive Rookie: Irvin

Coach of the mid season: Mike Smith

Comeback Player: Peyton

Offensive MVP: Arian Foster

Defensive MVP: J.J. Watt (I wanted to say someone else to be different, but I couldn't really find anyone else that was deserving)

Surprise Team: Vikings (I thought they would lose the division by a mile)

Disappointing Team: Eagles, Panthers, Lions

Offensive Rookie: RG III

Defensive Rookie: Chandler Jones

Coach of the mid season: Leslie Frazier (Vikings)

Also like to add I had no idea that anybody was considering Eli for MVP. I'd be ecstatic if he won it, but to be fully honest, coming from someone who has watched every Giants game, he may not be the most deserving. He is the main reason we are in the spot we're in but I think the defense has been to big of a part of our success that Eli probably shouldn't be the MVP. Just my opinion. Also considering what Matt Ryan has done for the Falcons so far.

The last wideout to win OPotY was Jerry Rice in 1993. A wideout has never won an MVP award.. not even Rice. He has every odd stacked against him.

*Note, a placekicker won MVP in 1982.. Mark Moseley of the Washington Redskins. He was one of those square shoe-straight ahead kickers. 20 for 21 FGs, 16 of 19 XPs. lol.

The last wideout to win OPotY was Jerry Rice in 1993. A wideout has never won an MVP award.. not even Rice. He has every odd stacked against him.

*Note, a placekicker won MVP in 1982.. Mark Moseley of the Washington Redskins. He was one of those square shoe-straight ahead kickers. 20 for 21 FGs, 16 of 19 XPs. lol.

And if anyone wants to compare Percy to the GOAT well they don't know football. Lol. Nice knowledge though.

Edited by Blazed49

MVP: Peyton Manning/Rodgers/Percy Harvin

OPOY: Rodgers

DPOY: Matthews

Surprise Team: Chicago (did anyone really think they'd be 6-1 right now?)

Disappointing Team: Carolina

Disappointing Player: Philip Rivers

COY: Joe Philbin

OROY: RG3

DROY: Casey Heyward (third in the league in INT's)

Comeback player: Peyton

Edited by Flash

• 2 weeks later...