NYK 2012/13 General Discussion

NomarFachix

Amar'e didn't play well with or without Melo on the court last year...

Chandler blocks Amar'e more than Melo does...

Nice avatar, i'm a huge The Rock fan as well.

Stat and Nash played very well together on the PHX Suns, maybe now Amare can form a team with Kidd or even Felton. I hope for it

Edited by TheScholl

Nice avatar, i'm a huge The Rock fan as well.

Stat and Nash played very well together on the PHX Suns, maybe now Amare can form a team with Kidd or even Felton. I hope for it

Amar'e balled with Felton averaged 25 ppg with him, but if Tyson is clogging the lane for Amar'e he settles for jumpers, it's where he gets in trouble

Amar’e cleared to practice

Stoudemire’s long road to recovery is reaching the home stretch as the Knicks announced on Monday that the oft-injured power forward has been cleared to practice. The plan is to have Stoudemire, who has been sidelined since October after having left knee surgery, practice with the Knicks’ D-League affiliate on Tuesday and Thursday, which could put him in line to make his season debut either Friday against Chicago or Sunday against Minnesota. “We’re going to evaluate him Wednesday and see how he feels,” Woodson said on Monday. “Thursday he’ll have an opportunity to practice with the D- League team and go from there based on how he feels.”

NY Daily News

Amar'e to rehab in D-League

HANG TIME HQ – Relax folks, Mike Woodson hasn’t lost it.

The New York Knicks haven’t banished Amar’e Stoudemire to their NBA D-League affiliate, the Erie BayHawks, a move we knew was coming thanks to my main man John Schuhmann.

But the Knicks big man is going to the D-League to continue his rehab by reporting to the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y. today as he continues to fight his way back from the left knee procedure he had on Oct. 31. He’s been cleared for practice and will work with D-League crew while the Knicks rest between games.

There are still plenty of issues Woodson and the Knicks have to work through where Stoudemire is concerned. Having Stoudemire get in two full practices is the best way to get a proper handle on where he stands going into the Holiday weekend.

The fact that Stoudemire is going willingly, however, is the surest sign that the 10-year veteran is eager to do whatever it takes to fit into what the Knicks are doing right now (last night’s beating at the hands of the Houston Rockets aside). He’s the most high profile player in league history record a D-League assignment.

Sekou Smith

That's a pretty good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

You know it takes a while for Woodson to clear ppl for games hopefully this weekend but I doubt we see him for another week

I guess. Idk though -- He said Amar'e needed to have like 2 full practices before he was going to play a few minutes...so if they practice twice with Shumpert a full-go I'd be surprised if Woodson doesn't bring him back for that Hornets game on Sunday.

NEW YORK --- New York Knicks forward Marcus Camby will miss approximately two to four weeks with an injured foot. An MRI performed Friday revealed a strained left plantar fascia. Camby missed 12 consecutive games earlier in the season with a similar ailment.

"It's another setback, but we've got to keep it moving," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. "We'll get him back rehabbed again and then try to get him back out on the floor when we can."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8836750/marcus-camby-new-york-knicks-2-4-weeks-injured-foot

• 2 weeks later...
NEW YORK -- Two hours before tipoff on Monday, Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire was in the bowels of Madison Square Garden, shaking hands and sharing hugs with dozens of Madison Square Garden workers, thanking them for their service. http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1224/ny_g_stat6_cr_300.jpgBruce Bennett/Getty Images On Monday, Amar'e Stoudemire went the extra mile off the court by providing lunch for about 600 workers at Madison Square Garden. "They actually work for the Garden and work here to help our organization grow smoothly. So it's only right to show support on how much we appreciate how much they work," Stoudemire said.

Link

STAT's the man!

The Knicks ranked second in the NBA valuation last year, behind the Lakers. They were worth $780 million, according to Forbes. NYK's back on top:

Forbes: Knicks top NBA at $1.1 billion

The Knicks' value spiked thanks to an ongoing renovation at Madison Square Garden, an increase in TV ratings and a boost in merchandising sales.

Team Value 1-yr chge

1. Knicks $1.1 b 41 %

2. Lakers $1 b 11 %

3. Bulls $800 m 33 %

4. Celtics $730 m 51 %

5. Mavericks $685 m 38 %

6. Heat $625 m 37 %

7. Rockets $568 m 25 %

8. Warriors $555 m 23 %

9. Nets $530 m 48 %

10. Spurs $527 m 26 %

My link

If you look at the Knicks next 10 games, leading up the All-Star Break...

@ Philly

Vs. Atlanta

Vs. Orlando

Vs. Detroit

@ Washington

@ Minnesota

Vs. LA Clippers

Vs. Toronto

There's no reason why you can't look ahead and say they should win 8 of those games. I realize it's the regular season and they could easily slip in a game or two against one of these lesser opponents, but if they could go 8-2 leading up to the All-Star break that'd put them in great position to get the 2 seed at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The entire discussion of trade talk has me baffled. Why on Earth would the Knicks give up Iman Shumpert? If there's anything this teams needs, it's more athleticism and more defensive minded players ... and Shumpert brings both. AND he's 22 years old.

Because we're win-now and Shumpert still isn't moving laterally like he should be. He looks hesitant on the knee. He really isn't bringing much of what he brought to the team last year.

I wouldn't trade him.. but those are the reasons the talks are out there. And Jared Dudley is a pretty fantastic role player.

Because we're win-now and Shumpert still isn't moving laterally like he should be. He looks hesitant on the knee. He really isn't bringing much of what he brought to the team last year.

I wouldn't trade him.. but those are the reasons the talks are out there. And Jared Dudley is a pretty fantastic role player.

Ok, but none of those reasons are exactly fair. He's in like his 9th game back. And, he doesn't get significant playing time. He starts, and I haven't looked at the exact minute numbers, so I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet he didn't play over 20 MPG in several of those, and maybe not over 25 MPG in any...

Jared Dudley is a nice role player, but Shumpert STILL has the ability IMO to be a top 10 player in the league one day...Maybe I'm crazy, but I truly believe that. He already gives the effort defensively, if he adds a better offensive game over the next few seasons I could see him being an 20/5/5 type of guy along with terrific on-ball defense.

Ok, but none of those reasons are exactly fair. He's in like his 9th game back. And, he doesn't get significant playing time. He starts, and I haven't looked at the exact minute numbers, so I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet he didn't play over 20 MPG in several of those, and maybe not over 25 MPG in any...

Jared Dudley is a nice role player, but Shumpert STILL has the ability IMO to be a top 10 player in the league one day...Maybe I'm crazy, but I truly believe that. He already gives the effort defensively, if he adds a better offensive game over the next few seasons I could see him being an 20/5/5 type of guy along with terrific on-ball defense.

Yes, he's in his 9th game back. They also don't know when he'll regain form, it might not be until next year. At that point, Amar'e's another year older, the vets are all another year older, we didn't make a full run this year, and we're a year closer to blowing the thing up and starting fresh. That is their thinking. If Shumpert isn't the focal point of a rebuild when Melo/Amar'e/whoever is up, why not improve the team for the now?

If you think Shumpert is a top 10 player in the league at any point, I'm sorry, but you're on crazy pills. 20/5/5 with amazing defense.. I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top 10 player at any juncture moving forward.

• Like 1

Yes, he's in his 9th game back. They also don't know when he'll regain form, it might not be until next year. At that point, Amar'e's another year older, the vets are all another year older, we didn't make a full run this year, and we're a year closer to blowing the thing up and starting fresh. That is their thinking. If Shumpert isn't the focal point of a rebuild when Melo/Amar'e/whoever is up, why not improve the team for the now?

If you think Shumpert is a top 10 player in the league at any point, I'm sorry, but you're on crazy pills. 20/5/5 with amazing defense.. I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top 10 player at any juncture moving forward.

Ok, fair enough ... but I think he just needs to get his confidence back. As a rookie he averaged essentially 10/3/3...I know for a fact he can at least be a 15/5/5 player and be one of the best on ball defenders in the league. 20 PPG may be a stretch, but that was kind of assuming his shooting (three ball and mid-range) improve quite dramatically, which I honestly do believe could happen because he does have good form and is only 22.

My point is, in three or four seasons, if you put him on a terrible squad like the Bobcats, I think it's entirely possible for him to average 20/5/5...if he put up 10/3/3 as a rookie, I don't see why in a few years of improvement he can't at the very least be a 15/5/5 guy.