2012-13 Offseason Discussion

Phightins

Hearing the Diamondbacks are not looking to move Bauer now and was quite surprised to even hear his name associated with being moved in the first place.

On another note, I'm really going to miss David Ross and his leadership within the clubhouse. Apparently he took a two-year, $6 million dollar deal to return to the Redsox yesterday. Can't say I'd blame him for taking more money and more playing time though.

At first glance, thrilled that Johnson will be out of the NL East. With that said, Yunel Escobar might be my least liked player in all of MLB, so seeing him 19 times per season will suck.

The MAHHLINSSS.....the front office is the scum of the Earth. Waste all that money building a stadium, underachieve one year, and sell everyone and everything. The day we trade Stanton (which is bound to happen) is the day this team will get absolutely no support from anyone. No one wants to pay to see a AAA team who have to get lucky to win a game. Getting Miami fans to attend games of good teams is a struggle, but they sure as hell won't get support this season.

We are getting absolute garbage in return as well. How on Earth can we trade Jose Reyes, Mark Buherle and Josh Johnson for three [expletive]ing prospects who aren't even that great?

I hope we are just saving money to sign a big name, but who the [expletive] would want to play for us? We have no attendance and you are at risk of being traded after one season.

Mike Stanton just said he was pissed off on twitter.....and thus comes the trading of one of the best sluggers in recent memory....and in return we will get a Cuban immigrant who "fits the Miami culture"

Edited by SRV

annnd now to continue

what the [expletive] do we gain by doing this? How can the owner live with himself knowing he is the laughing stock of the MLB, the entire city hated his ass to being with, and now his own players (all 3 of them that weren't traded) are pissed. He just ran this team right back into the ground. The city of Miami wasted money to build this douche a new stadium, and after one season he sells the best chance of getting some sort of attendance and goes right back to these crappy low budget teams that DO NOT suceed....when we won our two world series, we had a good team, and we spent money to get that team, every year aside from that, we have been out of the playoffs and sucking our own dicks for trading all our players. Is there anyway the MLB can remove this asswipe from owning the team?

They signed Reyes, Buehrle, etc so they could convince the taxpayers they scammed to pay for that stadium that maybe there would be a decent product on the field. I am sure this was the plan all along.

Thats not even right, I would love if the MLB owned us like they did with the Dodgers...Samson and Loria are absolute shit bags who are concerned with saving their money rather than having a competitive team. They should have just let the Marlins leave Miami if this was their plan all along..they [expletive]ed over all the people that had to pay for the stadium to be built in the first place.

Also forgot to mention, these two idiot owners are the reason we lost Joe Girardi and Fredi Gonzalez as managers...just because they didn't get along with the owners.

Edited by SRV

Thats not even right, I would love if the MLB owned us like they did with the Dodgers...Samson and Loria are absolute shit bags who are concerned with saving their money rather than having a competitive team. They should have just let the Marlins leave Miami if this was their plan all along..they [expletive]ed over all the people that had to pay for the stadium to be built in the first place.

Also forgot to mention, these two idiot owners are the reason we lost Joe Girardi and Fredi Gonzalez as managers...just because they didn't get along with the owners.

Does Arison have any desire in owning a baseball team?

Im sure he has enough money to own the Marlins and Heat and have them both at the top of the payroll lol...anyone can run a team better than Loria....he owned the Montreal Expo's and ran them out of existence. He is only concerned about making money for himself, anyway possible. We buy a team for one year, hope to make the playoffs and if not, then goodbye everyone. The second someone is good enough to earn a contract, they are one mistake away from being traded. Hanely got his contract, and we [expletive]ed him over by signing Reyes. Then we both Hanley and Reyes anyway. This guy has no brain.

Edited by SRV

Maybe the Blue Jays have a chance next year? The best part of our team is our GM. Anthopolous is a stud. Best GM in Toronto sports by far. And we still have a long offseason to go. I'm not going to lie and say I'm a diehard Jays fan, because i'm not, but I am still a fan and I'm pretty excited for next season now. I really liked Henderson Alvarez, the Marlins got a young guy who has a lot of potential in him. Hechavaria or whatever started to look decent near the end of the season last year too. Escobar has his days, but for the most part he's not good. I also won't lie and say I know much of anything about any of the players the Jays got other then Reyes, but by the sounds of all the Jays fans and other people talking about it, we came away with the better part of the trade by a lot, so I'm happy. :)

Maybe the Blue Jays have a chance next year? The best part of our team is our GM. Anthopolous is a stud. Best GM in Toronto sports by far. And we still have a long offseason to go. I'm not going to lie and say I'm a diehard Jays fan, because i'm not, but I am still a fan and I'm pretty excited for next season now. I really liked Henderson Alvarez, the Marlins got a young guy who has a lot of potential in him. Hechavaria or whatever started to look decent near the end of the season last year too. Escobar has his days, but for the most part he's not good. I also won't lie and say I know much of anything about any of the players the Jays got other then Reyes, but by the sounds of all the Jays fans and other people talking about it, we came away with the better part of the trade by a lot, so I'm happy. :)

Lets just say its the equivalent of the Raptors giving the Heat Demar Derozan, Bargnani, and Kyle Lowry and us giving you Joel Anthony and some scrub we drafted late in the 1st round in return. I am sure those prospects are alright, but we have like 50 other prospects just like them in our farm system, and only one or two of them actually make it to the team at some point down the line.

Lets just say its the equivalent of the Raptors giving the Heat Demar Derozan, Bargnani, and Kyle Lowry and us giving you Joel Anthony and some scrub we drafted late in the 1st round in return. I am sure those prospects are alright, but we have like 50 other prospects just like them in our farm system, and only one or two of them actually make it to the team at some point down the line.

Henderson Alvarez is more than a prospect atleast. He was one of our best pitchers last year (not saying much considering our pitching sucked) and it was only his first season in the majors. He has a ton of potential and I know the Jays expected him to be a future #1 or #2 starter. Other then that though, you got pretty much no value lol

The point is he is running the team to gain money for himself...he is making money off of TV revenue and all that crap and using as little possible to run the team. He basically a glorified thief who is robbing from the city of Miami, who basically paid for that stadium themselves. I applaud him for being able to unload huge contracts, but there is no cap room in baseball, and any owner with large enough pockets would find this deal to be a give away and a free ticket to the playoffs.

Torii Hunter to Tigers - 2 years/$26 million. Overpay IMO.

Also, the Marlins are trying to trade LoMo and Ricky Nolasco. Unreal. Still can't believe they didn't get D'Arnaud from Toronto yesterday.

Its easy to say Anthopolous is the best GM in Toronto, but lets not act like GMing in a cap-less sport isn't a gigantic advantage over the other 2 sports in Toronto.

Glad he finally made the move he has strung Jays fans along for what seems like 2 off-seasons now, and got out the check book. Not a Jays fan, casual at best, so not sitting here acting like I've been die-hard all these years, but I am glad for the true Jays fans, because a ton of my buddies are fans, and I hope the Jays can make a run at the playoffs because they support this damn team as bad as i do the Raptors. This city needs it in the worst possible way, even if it has to come in my least favourite sport, and this move has everyone buzzing.

Funny night though. Was sitting with my 2 roommates, and we were on twitter for like 3 hours straight sorting through this shit. We were there from it being a rumour, to unconfirmed, to finally confirmed. It was hilarious because my buddy refused to believe Reyes was in the deal until Rosenthal confirmed it.

Hopefully it works out. Sounds like AA isn't done yet either, need a left fielder and apparently he is probably going to tinker with the pen a bit still.

Its easy to say Anthopolous is the best GM in Toronto, but lets not act like GMing in a cap-less sport isn't a gigantic advantage over the other 2 sports in Toronto.

The lack of a cap in baseball is pretty overblown IMO, because of how dangerous the luxury tax is. Even the Yankees try to avoid it.

The way AA has built that farm is super impressive. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the patience he has shown. From what I have read, Jays ownership could easily outspend almost anybody if they wanted to, but AA has held back to avoid getting locked into bad contracts and losing draft picks while building up the farm. I guess he figures now is the time to go all in. Should be a really fun team.

I'd love to see the Yanks take on LoMo. Need a corner OF. Nolasco is nice too. All depends on Kuroda and Ichiro.

Haha, LoMo's big Twitter mouth in a big market would be lots of fun. I hope it happens.