2012-13 Offseason Discussion

Phightins

Why would we trade Lomo? He makes the same amount as Stanton, 400,000.....which is complete bullshit, Stanton deserves his pay day, and we are too cheap to give it to him. We are trading anyone making over a million, so Nolasco is gone.

nvm, I saw we are shopping him. Even more reason to anger Stanton.

Edited by SRV

Yeah, Trout should have won and it shouldn't have even been close IMO. But I am not disappointed because I totally expected this. Way too many close-minded old time writers in the BBWAA.

• Like 1

Yeah, Trout should have won and it shouldn't have even been close IMO. But I am not disappointed because I totally expected this. Way too many close-minded old time writers in the BBWAA.

We'll see how the one hit wonder does next year after an entire off-season to view his tape.

I hope you enjoy his .295 BA, 26 HR's, and 91 RBI's next season, along with a pedestrian 13 SB's.

Great signing IMO. I don't think the steroids did much of anything for his performance. There was just a lot of luck involved. Very over-hyped. Even if he "regresses" to what he was in 2011 and before, this is a very good deal for Toronto.

It is about damn time Rogers opened up their cheque books. There is no reason why they have been operating the Blue Jays like a small market team when they are the 2nd or 3rd (right?) richest owners in baseball.

Sure it is easy for me to say, but it really is about time that Rogers started flexing their multi-billion dollar muscles around.

I'm loving the offseason so far. A lineup of:

SS Reyes

LF Cabrera

RF Bautista

DH Encarnacion

3B Lawrie

CF Rasmus

C Arencibia

1B Lind

2B Bonafacio/Izturis

looks very nice. If they can upgrade Lind (or he regains his form from a few years ago, but like that will ever happen) this team is going to be awesome to watch.

I'm still expecting one more big move. They've got a log jam at C (JPA, D'Arunad and Buck) as well as the OF (Bautista and Cabrera are locks, but they've also got Rasmus, Gose, Sierra, Davis and even Bonafacio). I can't see a scenario where AA doesn't do something and just sits on his hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Nationals get Denard Span for Alex Meyer. Pretty sweet deal for both teams IMO. Scary part for me is that it leaves Michael Bourn out there for the Phillies without much competition. Do not want.

Also, that Nats outfield will be pretty sick with Werth and Harper in the corners. A lot of ground will be covered.

Edited by Phightins

• 2 weeks later...
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

The Dodgers will pay a 17.5% luxury tax on their 2013 payroll, which will push their total outlay closer to $265 million.

Holy shit! Imagine if they sign Anibal too...