Lakers have fired Mike Brown

Real Deal

It happened a lot quicker than I anticipated, but it's clear that management wasn't going to sit around and just wait for results. Shitty thing for Mike Brown is that we actually had a relatively easy homestand coming up so he could have probably propelled the team to .500 or better in a week and a half's time.

I'm ecstatic though. As long as it's not D'Antoni (from the guys that have been mentioned) I'll be satisfied.

Edited by Simba

Marcus Vick tweeted that he just now saw Phil Jackson at LAX, returning to LA.

He's an idiot, though, but please be true, and not a coincidence.

This sounds promising.

Ryan Ward ‏@Lakers_Examiner

Phil Jackson was at the Lakers facility today, but according to @RamonaShelburne it was only a coincidence. #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmm #Lakers

Lenard Gorokhov ‏@lenardizag

Phil Jackson is currently at the Lakers facility talking to management and walking around.

Reactions from around the web:

http://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/kobe-facebook-110912.jpg

Facebook.com/Kobe

-----------------------------------------

Did mike brown really get fired. Geeeeez. Dammmmmmmmm Wow Bring on Brian shaw
Feel bad for Coach Mike Brown, who's a great guy, but don't think he was the right guy for the job in the first place.

Twitter reacts to Mike Brown firing

------------------------------------------

Mark Cuban OK with Lakers movess

Rick Carlisle weighs in on the team's hot start, his former assistant Brown losing his job

NEW YORK -- Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle isn't one bit happy that the preseason Western Conference favorite Los Angeles Lakers fired his former assistant Mike Brown after five games. "I think it sucks," Carlisle said Friday afternoon on ESPN Dallas 103.3's "Galloway and Company."

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, on the other hand, takes a little pleasure in the Lakers' misery. Cuban publicly questioned this summer whether the Lakers' star-studded chemistry experiment would work. He's certainly not crying about the Lakers' chaos now. Before the Mavs' season-opening win in L.A., Cuban added, "I hope they suck. That's a quick trigger. But, hey, it's the same thought I have all the time. I hope they have to do it again this season. A couple times. Five times, maybe."

Source

Edited by Sħãlïq

A good read from The LA Times:

Lakers' decision to fire Coach Mike Brown is all about the win

'We made some bold moves in the off-season, and we expected better returns,' Jim Buss says. Now to find Brown's replacement. Paging Phil Jackson (...)

Full Story

Edited by Sħãlïq