Most Overpaid Player

ChosenOne

Who right now is the most over paid player in the league?

A few that come to mind right away.

Joe Johnson - $19,752,645

Pau Gasol - $19,000,000

Carlos Boozer - $15,000,000

Emeka Okafor - $13,490,000

Nene - $13,000,000

Andrew Bogut - $13,000,000

Ben Gordon - $12,400,000

Kris Humphries - $12,000,000

Hedo Turkoglu - $11,815,850

Edited by ChosenOne

• Owner

Ben Gordon. At least Joe Johnson can give you more than 10 points a night (even though it's only 14 a night at nearly 20 million...lol, yikes).

Based on the past 3 games? Easily Okafor.

If he keeps playing like that, then most definitely. Sad. :(

--------------

I guess if it's based on just these first few games alone, why not say Andrew Bynum?

Ben Gordon. At least Joe Johnson can give you more than 10 points a night (even though it's only 14 a night at nearly 20 million...lol, yikes).

If he keeps playing like that, then most definitely. Sad. :(

--------------

I guess if it's based on just these first few games alone, why not say Andrew Bynum?

This guy named Dwight Howard says hello. Very similar state line with more expectations.

I'm not surprised to see Bynum mentioned...........

This guy named Dwight Howard says hello. Very similar state line with more expectations.

I'm not surprised to see Bynum mentioned...........

20/10 with over 2 blocks and 65% shooting is the same as 0/0 with 0 blocks and 0% shooting?

Edited by Nitro

No, but based on last year, yes.

It sure is fair to just call Bynum overpaid because he's injured right now........

As iMan said, you completely missed what RD was trying to say. It was not a shot at Bynum, either.

• 1 month later...

Good read on the NBA's Most Overrated (not all are overpaid but yeah):

http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/the-nbas-most-overrated-players

Pretty good list imo. I don't know about Rondo being on there though. Jeremy Lin could probably easily get a spot on the list too.

Andrea Bargnani… Hold on. Does anybody in the league (except for his accountant) still retain a positive view of this guy?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Good read on the NBA's Most Overrated (not all are overpaid but yeah):

http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/the-nbas-most-overrated-players

Terrible article. Half of those can't be overrated because they don't get praise as it is. Then the writer goes on to discount the player by saying that they're really good at this but not good at that, and apparently that is more important than this. Look at the KG and Westbrook explanations. He says KG's shit talking and cheap shots take away from his greatness, but they are what in part makes him great. I'm also not sure if he's trying to say that the current, old, near retirement KG is overrated(which is bullshit because he is still very good for his age) or if he has been overrated his entire career, which I will just laugh at. I'm not going to say he's better than Shaq or Duncan, but he never had teammates until he was in Boston and he has always been more athletic and versatile than the other two. Shaq was a back to the basket only player while KG could kill you by posting up or hitting a midrange jumper.

Don't even get me started on Rondo being on that list. He uses Rondo's attitude as the basis for his claim, which is assanine. Furthermore Rondo is one of the most underrated players in the modern age.

Edited by Lkr

• 1 month later...