Casey on Anderson: "He'll be out for a while"

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Dwane Casey on Alan Anderson: "I don't want to say what the prognosis is because I'm not a doctor, but I think he will be out for awhile."

He is on crutches and has his left foot in a walking boot. You could tell when the injury happened that it was likely something fairly serious. Usually the innocent looking plays like that one result in fairly substantial injuries.

On another note, how sad is it that losing Alan freaking Anderson is actually a serious blow to this team? Just goes to show how utterly pathetic the Raptors wings are outside of DeRozan (who isn't anything special in his own right).

The way he was starting to play, he was well on his way to being a negative on the court. Seemed like he was slowly losing grasp of his role on this team. The play he got injured on never should have happened in the first place. Kind of fitting really.

Mikael Pietrus would be a good pickup for us. Not even kidding, its that bad.

The way he was starting to play, he was well on his way to being a negative on the court. Seemed like he was slowly losing grasp of his role on this team. The play he got injured on never should have happened in the first place. Kind of fitting really.

For sure. I actually had a post written up in the game thread that mentioned how it might actually be a good thing that he had to leave the game because he was playing so poorly, but I figured that would be in poor taste considering he was just injured and I had a feeling it was fairly significant, but I can definitely agree with you here.

That Minnesota game seemed to be the worst thing to happen for Anderson. He had a nice shooting game and hit some huge 3's at important times, but ever since then he has played awful. There is no reason why Anderson should ever take a shot with more than 14 seconds left on the shot clock (other than transition, of course) and he has started to make a habit out of taking early shots, driving recklessly into traffic and just playing way out of control.

These things are all the exact opposite of what earned him the rest of the season contract after his 10 day last year and are also what earned him a spot on the roster after training camp. He is turning into another Antoine Wright.

The thing that sucks about him missing time, even if his play has been mediocore, or downright awful is probably more appropriate, is that at least defenses had to respect him as a 3 point shooting threat. Take away his minutes and give them to somebody like McGuire and defenses are going to pack the paint even more, especially with Lowry out of the lineup.

Anderson showed that he could play but he was being misused. I love Casey and the mentality he brings to the team but his rotations seem to confuse me. I like the use of McGuire but the hefty amount of minutes he gets is baffling. JV being taken out in the 4th is also another question mark because he's young and has obviously shown the energy we need. I also want to see Ross get some PT now, his game versus Indiana tonight showed that he was solid on both sides of the ball so why not give him more exposure?