DeMarcus Cousins Suspended Two Games

For confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliot after the Spurs/Kings game after Elliot said some things about Cousins he didn't like. I love this guy. Such a headcase. :lol:

Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine

NBA announces DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after Friday's game

From everything I've read, Cousins was the mature one in the "confrontation".

He was pissed off at an opposing teams commentator for saying this:

“That's why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you're dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn't like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he's going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I'm not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don't start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He's going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

He then came out of the locker room to confront Elliott about the comments after waiting for him to finish his post game show. Are you seriously going to tell me that was a mature thing to do, especially considering that what Elliott said was hardly even bad?

I'll be the first one to admit that Sean Elliott is a total hack and a brutal guy to listen to. He is the definition of a homer and says absolutely ludicrous things throught the course of every game he is calling, but getting into a heated confrontation with a guy and getting yourself suspended for 2 games as a result of it is just a ridiculous thing to do. What good was going to come out of it?

I'm a Cousins fan but this is a classic example of what is holding him back from becoming a great player. He needs to grow some thicker skin, stop with all of this extracurricular shit and focus on playing basketball.

EDIT: I should also say that I don't agree with the suspension. Unless he said or did something completely out of line I believe a fine would be more than an adequate punishment but it doesn't change the fact that Cousins was an idiot for even going back onto the court in the first place and putting himself in this position.

• Owner

Cousins hurts the Kings more than he helps them, on and off the court. I've never, ever had faith in him to tap into all of that potential. He takes so many jumpers, and ignorant shots, doesn't play defense, seems to fight through emotional fits almost every two minutes he's on the floor, and getting in his ear almost always ruins him.

Elliott was 100% correct, too. Duncan tore him up all game, probably could have done more if he wasn't so team-aligned. The Kings actually played some of their best basketball when Cousins was sitting his goofy ass on the bench, had a 15-4 run in the third without him (took the lead at that point, too).

I won't forget Cousins and Bynum going head-to-head the first time (back in 2011), after Cousins was talking shit to him. Bynum wasn't motivated, and just came off of his injury, and Cousins had a good game against him and Gasol.

Last February, it was the second time they met...and Drew ate his lunch. Cousins couldn't do anything on offense, couldn't stop Bynum at the other end, and he looked like he wanted to give up.