JJ Watt vs Von Miller vs Aldon Smith

htownborn

Better defensive player  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought this would be a very interesting debate. At the moment these are the top 3 players in sacks and interestingly enough these 3 guys came from the same draft class in 2011. Right now Smith leads them all in sacks with 16.5 with Watt behind him at 14.5 followed by Miller with 14. All 3 have been amazing this year but at the moment who would you consider the best right now and when its all said and done who will end up with the better career.

Right now I would have to say JJ Watt is the better of the 3. May be a little biased there because I'm a Texans fan but no one can argue that what he's doing this year is nothing short of amazing for a 3-4 DE only in his second year. Von Miller is a close second for me, he's a very good all around LB and is arguable a top 5 LB at the moment. Aldon Smith has been beasting as well but he's last out of the 3 for me for these reasons.

1. He's not even close to the best defensive player on his team unlike Watt and Miller who you could argue are the best defensive players on there teams

2. He has Justin Smith in front of him to take on double teams to make it easier for him to get sacks. Now that's not a knock on him because he's a beastly pass rusher but he's all around game isn't as good as that of Watt and Miller. He's coverage skills have improved a bit though.

As far as who will have the better career IDK that's really up in the air. I'm going to stick with Watt though even though I think it will be tough to top the type of season that he is having so far.

Edited by htownborn

I'll say all around probably Watt but strictly as a pass rusher I'm giving it to aldon. And yes that is bias but the dude is a beast. As far as not being the best defensive player, he's obviously not but its not for lack of his talent but rather for the fact that we have several all pros and pro bowlers on the team. We have the best ILB crew in the game so its hard to be the best defensive player on that team. In turn though like htb said that does help inflate his numbers a bit as well.

Edited by Blazed49