The NBA's softest players

Sħãlïq™

The NBA's softest players

• ANDREA BARGNANI: Shoots like a small forward and rebounds like one. Except for an occasional long-armed blocked shot, this seven-footer also plays negligible defense. During his career, his aversion to mano-a-mano confrontations is evidenced by Bargnani’s averaging a mere 3.4 free throws per game.

• OMRI CASSPI: Gets bumped and bounced so much that he’s practically useless when forced to play half-court offense.

• MIKE DUNLEAVY: Another player who gets bullied for profit, especially on defense.

• PAU GASOL: As soft as the Michelin Man, but incredibly long-limbed, super-smart, and extraordinarily talented.

• SPENCER HAWES: Would rather take one-on-none jumpers than alligator-wrestle in the shadow of the basket.

• ROY HIBBERT: Vanishes when opponents lean on him. If he was a measly 6-10 (instead of 7-2), he’d be a D-League lifer.

• ANTAWN JAMISON: Here’s what a staff member of a team he used to play for says about him: “AJ plays like he’s made of cotton candy. Even when he posts up, which he rarely does, he’ll wind up taking a fadeaway jumper.”

• JEREMY LIN: In addition to his long-distance shooting being shaky and his mediocre left hand, ornery chest-to-chest defense can render him useless.

• KEVIN MARTIN: Is quick and slithery, has great range, and can light up a scoreboard, but the slightest bump derails him.

• RICKY RUBIO: Quick, clever, great court vision, etcetera. But just might be the softest player in the NBA.

Source

With the exception of STAT, I pretty much agree with most of it. LOL @ "Gasol: As soft as the Michelin Man"! So true. :lol:

At least Gasol is capable of giving you a lot of pluses in spite of him being soft, Bargnani brings almost nothing to the table if that 3 point shot isn't falling - and even at his best, he is a pretty mediocre 3 point shooter. If you don't do a lot of things decent, you better do at least one or two things terrifically - at least Pau can do a bunch of things decently at this point in his career, bargnani brings nothing to the table. He's one of those guys that needs the offense run through him, but he sucks too much to justify it ala Michael beasley.

Love the Jamison pick, those stupid little flip shots are ridiculous. There's a line between finesse and avoiding contact.

Glad that the Bosh softness talk is gone - it was so ridiculous all along honestly. Calling him soft is like calling Durant soft.

But yeah, this list begins and ends with that Italian son of a bitch.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

At least Gasol is capable of giving you a lot of pluses in spite of him being soft, Bargnani brings almost nothing to the table if that 3 point shot isn't falling - and even at his best, he is a pretty mediocre 3 point shooter. If you don't do a lot of things decent, you better do at least one or two things terrifically - at least Pau can do a bunch of things decently at this point in his career, bargnani brings nothing to the table. He's one of those guys that needs the offense run through him, but he sucks too much to justify it ala Michael beasley.

Maybe every other year of his career, but not this season. Gasol isn't even passing the ball well, which is sad, because that's what he did best last season.

But yeah, I get what you're saying about Bargnani. Lakers fans are suggesting we try and trade Gasol and someone else to the Raptors for him and Calderon, and I'd rather just keep Pau and let his contract expire after next season, since I believe Bargs has three years left (including this year).

The only thing that would help us is Bargnani wanting to actually score the ball, something Gasol doesn't "feel" he needs to do anymore...but then again, I'd rather not have him go out and attempt 15+ shots a night, and probably set out to take an NBA-record nine threes a game with the three players (Kobe, Howard, Nash) he'll be out there with.