Cavs-Thunder

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apkdbq4

Cavs get Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, and Kendrick Perkins

Thunder get Anderson Varejao

I think I mentioned this in a post, but I wanted to see what people think.

The Thunder get a much more active center in Andy who is much more creative with the ball than Perkins and who can get more extra possessions for their offense.

The Cavs get a couple of athletic forwards who can play off of Kyrie and Dion, along with Perkins who can slide right into the starting center role and be used as a trade chip for another team.

Another version of this trade is the Raptors 1st round pick instead of Jones.

Thoughts?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• Owner

As much as I like PJ3, I'm doing this if I'm OKC...not sure why Cleveland does it, though, unless you are afraid of losing Varejao in the...summer of 2015?

I mean, right now, you're basically seeing two players (Lamb and Jones) who aren't contributing at all. I understand that neither are playing much, but the fact remains that they are both still unproven...while Perkins is just awful, signed for three years (including this season) with no team or player options on the table.

The Raps pick has to be in the deal, then this is a deal that I just don't know how it doesn't get done. That Raps pick isn't going to stay where it is, and surely Presti realizes that. And even if it does, this draft sucks.

AV doesn't guarantee OKC anything, but he definitely moves them a huge step closer. Also, he's locked in on a bargain contract and brings a ton to the table without any maintenance (running plays for him).

Edited by Check my Stats

I don't think OKC trades Perkins, or even considers it IMO. With the west having Howard, Pau, Marc, and Duncan as bigs all on contending teams you need defense and a rock down low. Varejao is a great player just not the perfect fit in OKC. Not to mention the edge Perkkns plays with, shit like that is very much needed for OKC.