Miami @ Houston

• 5 months later...

As a Heat fan, I'm not concerned with Wade. His shooting percentage has increased each month, and this month it's been nearly 50%. He's back to being that scoring machine he was last year. He's going to be very hard to contain.

Again, even if Wade scores below 30, that's not what I'm concerned with. Role players need to step up. Beasley needs to keep drawing double teams and adjust his game as the defenses adjust to his scoring. O'Neal needs to find his points without isolating too much. Wright needs to be involved as a playmaker off the bench, and Richardson, Alston, and Haslem need to knock down their open looks.

Edited by Poe

I'm getting a little more active at the realgm forums. Here's what I wrote in their gameday thread.

My reflection:

- This game outlines how Wade has been playing all month. Simply outstanding basketball. He left very little room for criticism tonight.

- Beasley did a very, very poor job defensively. Whoever he was guarding basically became Houston's go-to guy. When he guarded Scola, he was lost in his post play. He switched to Hayes, who doesn't exactly have a wide variety of moves, drove to the basket on him and scored with ease. He switched to the wing position with Budinger as his assignment, who torched him from everywhere on the court. It's games like these that gets him pulled from the game.

His rebounding was subpar and apart from a couple highlight plays, he struggled with his offensive game overall. Houston did a very good job defending him. Hopefully he'll build consistency with his play over time.

- J.O. was impressive once again. Battling the boards with 13 rebounds, and made a good percentage of his shots. Very good interior defense as well. This is the JO we need to see more often.

- Dorell did some good things on the defensive end, using his length to grab steals and bother shots. Offensively, he did little with the ball in his hands today. Hopefully over time, with his confidence growing, he'll start to get more aggressive.

- All other players played exceptional. Joel Anthony did an outstanding job defensively, and Haslem did his usual job on the boards, hustling, and knocking down shots. Chalmers, Alston, and Richardson combined for 13-21 shooting, 5-11 from 3.

Overall, great win. Hopefully the Heat will continue their aggressive team play against OKC tomorrow.

Edited by Poe

Houston needed to win this game. Those West teams are tugging to maintain that playoff spot, and with teams like Memphis and Oklahoma City rolling, it could get ugly come April.

We have just been playing horrible as of late. Ariza has been in more of a coach mode then player mode, you see him giving teammates more pointers that he has points. I wish he desides to pick his game up and start scoring again. We need it.

• Owner

We have just been playing horrible as of late. Ariza has been in more of a coach mode then player mode, you see him giving teammates more pointers that he has points. I wish he desides to pick his game up and start scoring again. We need it.

Ariza is probably like many players, then. I haven't watched Houston much lately, but I'm guessing he's wanting the ball more, and so he's sacrificing his playing abilities to act like a coach on the court. Key word: act.

Basically, he's probably unhappy that Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry are stealing his spotlight, so he's having to find another way to "contribute" and make fans think he's telling everyone how to win.

Ariza is probably like many players, then. I haven't watched Houston much lately, but I'm guessing he's wanting the ball more, and so he's sacrificing his playing abilities to act like a coach on the court. Key word: act.

Basically, he's probably unhappy that Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry are stealing his spotlight, so he's having to find another way to "contribute" and make fans think he's telling everyone how to win.

That is what it seems to be, going down to the wire he is starting to have a tendacy of throwing his hands up when he really is not open, and when he does not get it he throws a slight sissy fit/tries to coach the player (normally brooks) on what he should have done. I hope Rick speaks to Ariza before it gets out of hand.