Avery's Coaching Tenure in Dallas

Teletopez

Someone on NetsDaily shared this link from a Mavs fans' forum, a thread that was posted about three months before AJ was dismissed from Dallas. The topic starter is all over the place and says some far-fetched things at times, but bits and pieces of what he said along with what I read elsewhere in the topic seems to share a lot with what Avery has shown since he started in Jersey.

He lets Terry,stack, and J-ho take as many bad shots as they want but as soon as devin does something wrong he benches him.

Avery and Devin seemed willing to give it another try in New Jersey, but it honestly seemed Avery had limited patience with Harris before he was dealt in February 2011. Not to mention, Avery's attitude toward Devin in Dallas seems to share a lot with his attitude toward MarShon here. Yes, Brooks is extremely lacking on defense, but Avery needs to recognize when this team needs a spark on the offensive end, MarShon is the guy to put on the floor. Stack has been great for us for an extended stretch this season, but the gradual disappearance and his struggles against Tuesday made it ridiculous that Avery gave him 21 minutes rather than using Brooks, who was giving us exactly what we needed in an offensive showdown.

And the way he runs last minute plays are terrible

Not a huge sample size for this, but we killed Tuesday's effort by not giving the ball to JJ on the final possession. Avery needs to recognize that he has been red hot off the dribble as of late, while several other perimeter guys are terribly inconsistent.

But avery decides we should slow the tempo down

The Nets play at a pace that is way too slow. Maybe they may not be suited to push the ball the way Avery said they would before the season, but the number of unsuitable iso plays that are run makes me think the Nets have absolutely nothing going for them when Brook isn't playing.

We are stuck with his inability to make in game adjustments.

And finally, we are stuck with Avery's over-reliance of veterans at the end of games, instead of the talented players.

See Stack vs. MarShon above

If you notice out of timeouts this team is terrible at executing plays, well they are terrible executing plays period.

http://lmf.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2467702&trail=30

Edited by octoberGR8NESS

Why? Can you look at his tenure in dallas and say he didn't squeeze every possible bit out of that team? We're not talking miami type of talent in dallas either.

If I am mad at anyone in Brooklyn right now, if I am a fan (Sort of am, since i said they would win 50... smh).. its that supposed superstar point guard of yours,,,,

yo ECN where you at... Deron and Amare > CP3 and Bosh ya you're were ahead of the curve on that one.

Why? Can you look at his tenure in dallas and say he didn't squeeze every possible bit out of that team? We're not talking miami type of talent in dallas either.

If I am mad at anyone in Brooklyn right now, if I am a fan (Sort of am, since i said they would win 50... smh).. its that supposed superstar point guard of yours,,,,

yo ECN where you at... Deron and Amare > CP3 and Bosh ya you're were ahead of the curve on that one.

I can't say whole lot about his tenure in Dallas because I didn't observe it much myself, but it would certainly help if he squeezed every bit out of Deron, because I think that's contributing to the ugly issue that is his inconsistent and frustrating play.