2013 Slam Dunk Contest

htownborn

The Slam Dunk contest has been getting worse by the year to me and what makes it even worse are the contestants that are usually choose to be in it. So I made a thread on who everyone thinks deserves to be in the dunk contest. Obviously you can only choose 4 so who is it? For me

Russell Westbrook (I don't know how creative he would be in a dunk contest but he's super athletic and should put on some dunks that wow the audience)

Eric Bledsoe (He rarelly got PT the last 2 season but this year when he's played he's shown to be a very explosive dunker on the break I would love to see what he could do in a contest)

Terrence Ross (I haven't seen many Raptor games but the 2 times the Rockets faced Toranto he had at least 2 or 3 amazing dunks. His game kind of reminds me of Jason Richardson I just wonder would he's dunks be just as good)

Gerald Green (I originally started to put Jeremy Evans because he won the last dunk contest but I was so unimpressed with that last contest as a whole I don't want to see neither of them in it this year maybe other than George. Gerald Green wasn't all that great in his dunk contests either but he's a former slam dunk champ and he's just as athletic then as he is now)

Another I would really like to see James "Flight" White from the Knicks make it to the Slam Dunk competition but I don't even know if he'll be on an NBA roster by that time. LeBron would be nice to see too but he'll never do it.

Edited by htownborn

• Owner

James White, for sure. I wonder if he can still get up and do that under-the-leg FT line dunk he did back in HS and college.

LeBron James, just because the contest needs at least one superstar.

Jeremy Evans has to be in it, to defend his title.

For the final contestant...I'd like to see a player return to the contest. Maybe Josh Smith? I know Iguodala won't do it again. DeMar DeRozan? People will be on the Gerald Green bus, too, as long as he doesn't do the cheesy dunks.

The dunk contest sucks lately because its too many gimmicks and props. Sure, guys like Lebron and Durant won't be super flashy, but it would get so much attention and hype, that anything they do would be amazing.

I think Lebron recently said he would never do it though, so that idea is out the window. I think people got on his back too much to the point where he is no fun anymore, just business lol

I think Lebron recently said he would never do it though, so that idea is out the window. I think people got on his back too much to the point where he is no fun anymore, just business lol

I never bought into LeBron wanting to be in the dunk contest anyway.

1. I always felt that LeBron is the type of player that just doesn't want to be known for dunks because coming in to the league that's what he was mainly known for.

2. He's nearly 30 and is already in his what 9th season? Usually if your not in the Dunk Contest (in the modern era of the NBA any way) by your 3rd or 4th season then your just not going to do it.

Edited by htownborn

Lebron is going to be 28 on December 30th...he's not even close to being too old to do the dunk contest, he just doesn't believe he is good enough for it. I would rather watch what he can come up with than watching duded jump over all sorts of automobiles.

Lebron is going to be 28 on December 30th...he's not even close to being too old to do the dunk contest

I never said he was too old I just said it's rare to see a guy he's age in the dunk contest in the NBA now a days. Just look at the last 10 or more slam dunk contest there's rarely anyone 28 or older competing in it. The last 2 people I remember who was close to that age who competed was Chris Andersen and Jamario Moon who both sucked. Their may be a couple of more but that's all I can really think of from the top of my head ATM.

he just doesn't believe he is good enough for it. I would rather watch what he can come up with than watching duded jump over all sorts of automobiles.

I believe he would be alright but I agree it's to many props used in the slam dunk contest today which is the main thing that ruins it for me. Still I would like to see what creativity he or anyone else could come up with

Edited by htownborn

I don't know what needs to be done, but I cant remember the last dunk contest I enjoyed? VC maybe? The dunk contest sucks

2000-2004 was insane. VC/T-Mac/Francis in the 2000 contest, then the J-Rich/Mason duels after that.

I'd LOVE to see James White in it, but the NBA needs stars in the contest to generate attention.

Id love to see Demar do it but id be happy to see TRoss too. I never knew he had such nice hops when we drafted him. His dunks are sick, so i think he would be good for it. Demar would probably help him come up with some good ideas too.

LeBron on enterining the dunk contest:

"It's over with. There were times when I wanted to do it. But I came into All-Star Weekend a few times banged up and I didn't want to risk further injury."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/23/12/Dunk-champ-Evans-calls-out-LeBron-James/landing_heat.html?blockID=839279&feedID=3565

Lebron has always been an overrated dunker. As far as I'm concerned all his dunks throughout his career have been generic. Same standard crank back dunk. He's scared to enter the contest because he knows from a creativity standpoint other guys would destroy and embarrass him. He doesn't want to be subject to scrutiny, we all know what happens to him mentally when that happens.

LeBron on enterining the dunk contest:

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/23/12/Dunk-champ-Evans-calls-out-LeBron-James/landing_heat.html?blockID=839279&feedID=3565

Lebron has always been an overrated dunker. As far as I'm concerned all his dunks throughout his career have been generic. Same standard crank back dunk. He's scared to enter the contest because he knows from a creativity standpoint other guys would destroy and embarrass him. He doesn't want to be subject to scrutiny, we all know what happens to him mentally when that happens.

scared? Maybe. But Lebron would've won the last few dunk contests. if griffon could beat demar and McGee, so could Lebron.