NETS FIRE AVERY

Guru

There is a God :yess:

He isn't at fault for everything, and is a decent NBA coach, but he just doesn't know how to maximize the offensive talent on this roster...and that all starts with Deron. If you can't put Deron in the right system, and maximize his effectiveness, this team is going nowhere.

I hated the ammount of isolations he put both Joe and Deron in. He should have understood real quick that both especially Deron didn't play well in that style of play. Also I don't think Deron did this, I think the Lakers had more to do with his release than any player. You have a new billion dollar arena, and stupid ass salary total, being .500 and insulted on Christmas is unacceptable.

I hated the ammount of isolations he put both Joe and Deron in. He should have understood real quick that both especially Deron didn't play well in that style of play. Also I don't think Deron did this, I think the Lakers had more to do with his release than any player. You have a new billion dollar arena, and stupid ass salary total, being .500 and insulted on Christmas is unacceptable.

Lolwut. We played the Celtics on Christmas homie

• Like 1

I haven't been a fan of his coaching tactics for a while now, we had absolutely no game plan on the offensive end. Basically, whoever had the ball, everyone would ISO out for him for 1 on 1 coverage, and then it would simply become a dribble drive offense. The only way to win a game in that type of offense is the team needs to be feeling it that night, if there performance is bad shooting, then game is over. No other way around it, and your defensive game cant fix you either. Not a gameplan to become an offensive powerhouse. Interested to see what will happen next from here on out. PJ is a great coach with a lot of experience but I feel like we are going big here with someone else.

He didn't get a fair shake, but I simply didn't watch the Nets enough this season to say if it was warranted.

As an outsider and non-biased fan, I don't think 28 games is fair when you have so many new pieces to work in, and a major aspect of your team has been banged up (Brook Lopez) and missed substantial amount of time.

All the best to Avery. I suppose you could make the argument that he deserved a full season with this team, but the reality was it wasn't just that the team was losing games; it seemed that almost the entire team was playing uninspired basketball. I was growing extremely frustrated with him, but it made me sad reading the press conference transcript. Hope he gets a great coaching job soon.

Any allegation that Deron pushed out Avery is baseless, but it is possible that his quote about the offense a couple weeks ago may have woken up Prokhorov and Razumov. So it's time for Deron to stop the garbage and start being a leader and playing like a star.

For now, P.J. Carlesimo will get a chance as interim coach, but he's no long-term solution for the Nets. In a perfect scenario for Carlesimo, the Nets play better, start winning again and he gets them into the playoffs. Nevertheless, he's a stopgap for a staff short on head-coaching experience.

King is expected to investigate several candidates, but it won't be easy to convince high-profile possibilities like Jeff or Stan Van Gundy to take over in the middle of a season. With Dwight Howard still uncommitted long-term to the Los Angeles Lakers, it's unlikely the Nets would pursue either Van Gundy until every bit of hope for a possible Howard trade is exhausted. And truth be told, the demise of Deron Williams' career makes this job less appealing every day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--avery-johnson-is-out-in-brooklyn--but-deron-williams--own-demise-is-sinking-the-nets-205709848.html