Dallas @ Toronto

• 5 months later...

Raptors stay taking jumpers all game when they aren't falling.

Well, they are a jump shooting team. They live and die by the jumper so we can't really expect anything else. That is why they are so inconsistent night in and night out, hell that is why they are inconsistent from quarter to quarter.

Calderon has been the difference so far in this game. I love having him come off of the bench. He is so much more effective coming off of the bench. I'm glad, after a year and a half, that the Raptors have realized this. Now watch them [expletive] it up and put him back into the starting lineup as a "reward" for his good play.

I love watching Dirk play. He is just so damn smooth. He really does not get the credit that he deserves and it is a shame. I don't even see how you can dispute the fact that he is the best power forward in the NBA right now. Just an outstanding player.

PS: How quickly do the Raps blow this 2nd half lead.

Jack with a very impressive drive right there, finished off with a circus shot.

Raptors point guards have been the difference makers so far in this game. Bosh has been great with 22/11 which has pretty much canceled out Dirk's production, but it has been the play of Jack and Calderon that has been the difference. Both of done a good job of attacking Kidd and whoever else is guarding them. Combined for like 20/12 so far (not sure of the exact numbers).

DeRozan's jumper as looked great so far as well. I remember saying in the summer that he will struggle out of the gate but after about the first 30-40 games he will start playing better, just like he did last season in college. Over the last 3 games or so, DeRozan looks to be proving me right.

Raptors have done a very good job of holding this lead as well. Its good to see them keep up the double digit lead heading into the 4th, especially against a team that they haven't beaten in like 8 years or something, lol.

This game is actually looking like it was worth me getting up for, haha.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Best game the Raptors have played all season long bar none. That first game against Cleveland was impressive, but Cleveland was still adjusting to new players and what not, and that Bulls game was great as well, but I thinkt hat blowing out the Mavs by 20 is a lot more impressive than beating the Bulls by 30.

On top of the blowout victory, they are doing it against a team that has had their number for basically the entire decade, which makes it even more impressive. Must feel good for Bosh to finally beat the Mavs for the first time in his career.

I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time though. This is how they needed to play against the Pacers and the Knicks in the 2nd half. I really think that blowing out a couple of teams, whether they are good teams, average teams or terrible teams, can do wonders for this teams confidence.

Als, Triano, what the [expletive]? We need some RASHO!!!!!

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Amir thinks Andrea could be an All-Star this year. Though he is likely off, I'm happy he shows that confidence in Il Mago.

I don't think that he will either, but if you really think about it, who in the East is clearly more deserving of that backup center spot? Dwight is obviously going to be the startng center, but outside of him there isn't really a player that has clearly earned the reserve role. Its not like Bogut, Noah, Shaq, Horford, Lopez etc... are clearly more deserving than Bargnani is.

I think that David Lee would probably get the nod though, as he is the best player on a Knicks team who was expected to be near the bottom of the standings, not in the hunt for a final playoff spot. Even if he [Lee] doesn't, it would probably go to Horford or Bogut before Bargnani. Possibly even Shaq based on name alone.

I agree that he won't be an All-Star, but its not like the East is oozing with talented centers or anything.

Epidemik, I have a question for you. I haven't watched the Mavs much since the first 10 games or so of the season, but what is up with the Mavs defense right now? In the handful of games I have watched of theirs, they really got after it defensively and won games off of their defense and elite offensive play of Nowitzki. In this game though, they just looked like they didn't care much about playing defense. Has that been a recurring theme for them lately, or was is some sort of combination of travel, early start time or something?

Oh yeah, one more thing about Calderon in this game. This kind of performance from him is a win-win situation for the Raptors. When Calderon plays like this the Raptors are a much better team, which will result in more wins, but even if he gets traded, games like these are going to have a positive impact on his trade value. Keep it up Jose!

Nice win. I didnt get a chance to watch the game. watch Girls vball or this, I stand by my choice.

Bargs and Bosh playing really well this past couple of games. I didn't see a blowout coming, hopefully they can keep this up against the Cavs.

They were 12, don't lie.