NFL MVP

Make It Naaaashty

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

They were trying to make an argument for JJ Watt during the Houston game, but I just don't see how he'd be able to rack up the votes against a QB and a RB that basically carried their team. Only two defensive players have won the MVP in league history: Alan Page and LT. Huge reach, if you ask me.

I'd give it to Peterson, but I think Manning will land the award.

I'd give it to Peterson without hesitation.

They were trying to make an argument for JJ Watt during the Houston game. Huge reach, if you ask me.

Watt just completed the best defensive season in recent memory. He doesn't stand a chance because of the biased voting catered towards offensive players, but that's not to say he doesn't deserve it.

• Owner

Watt just completed the best defensive season in recent memory. He doesn't stand a chance because of the biased voting catered towards offensive players, but that's not to say he doesn't deserve it.

Nah, I wasn't saying he doesn't deserve it, just saying it's a reach to say he'll win because Peterson and Manning are two offensive players who have carried their team like no other (and it helps that both came back from significant surgeries).

Nah, I wasn't saying he doesn't deserve it, just saying it's a reach to say he'll win because Peterson and Manning are two offensive players who have carried their team like no other (and it helps that both came back from significant surgeries).

Well I think the argument is warranted, and not a reach, but unfortunately for his phenomenal season, the voting leans a certain way. It's a shame.

I think if I had a vote, I would vote Peyton... honestly, its just too hard not to. AP maybe deserves it more, but I'd vote Peyton. He has the narrative, and its not like he doesn't have MVP stats to back it up. I vote reason for the sole reason that I would feel dirty if I didn't. That's fair right?

He has a tremendous case, using sacks as an end-all measurement is shallow. But he won't win.

Im not saying he doesn't have a case, im just saying the case isnt good enough to win it. If he had made the record then imo he would have been right up there with AP and Manning but without the record its just not good enough.

Im not saying he doesn't have a case, im just saying the case isnt good enough to win it. If he had made the record then imo he would have been right up there with AP and Manning but without the record its just not good enough.

I'm not sure if you're saying he won't win or he doesn't deserve to win. I agree with one.

Tim Tebow took that Broncos team to the playoffs last year. Without Peterson, that's a 4 win Vikings team. That simple.

Pretty sure that team took Tebow to the playoffs.

Besides, lets say they really are a 4 win team without AP, they win 6 extra due to him (?). Denver won 5 more games than they did without Peyton last year. "Playoffs" is a bullshit measurement stick... so because Peyton's team is better than excludes him or is used against him? You can make an argument for both, but this is the worst I've seen so far.

Going from good to elite should be viewed the same as going from bad to good as far as I am concerned. So no, its no 'that simple'.

Most "valuable". So, yes, a team making the playoffs with a shit gimmick at the helm plays against his value to the team.

Similarly, taking a top 5 pick team to the playoffs is a testament to your value, which is key to a most valuable player award.

The team taking Tebow to the playoffs is exactly my point, lol. Thanks.

Peterson just put in the 2nd best rushing season in history.