Who is the better Eric: Gordon, or Bledsoe?

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who is the better of these two Erics: Eric Gordon, or Eric Bledsoe? I don't mean "for the Clippers", and I don't mean a particular day, and I don't mean who is the better value for the money, I mean just in general who is the better player?

Note: The results of this poll will be combined with the results at two other Clippers message boards to provide a broader total result.

Who is the better of these two Erics: Eric Gordon, or Eric Bledsoe? I don't mean "for the Clippers", and I don't mean a particular day, and I don't mean who is the better value for the money, I mean just in general who is the better player?

Note: The results of this poll will be combined with the results at two other Clippers message boards to provide a broader total result.

0n another board I also asked two related questions:

1) Would you say that had we traded Bledsoe for Paul instead of Gordon for Paul, that trading Bledsoe for Paul would have been a worse deal for the Clippers?

2) Do you think that New 0rleans would want to trade Gordon for Bledsoe, if their prices and contracts were the same?

Links:

Just a heads up, I put this up at two other boards and will combine results later:

http://clippertalk.com/poll/battle-erics-whos-better-gordon-or-bledsoe

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-10617.html#341775

Edited by Mistwell

• Owner

A healthy Gordon is better on both ends of the court. Bledsoe can be a starting PG in this league, no doubt in my mind, but at full health, Eric Gordon can be a second scoring option on a contender AND the key defender on the perimeter.

• Like 1

It is Gordon and, really, it isn't even close.

The only reason why you even consider taking Bledsoe is because of Gordon's extensive injury history. From a pure talent standpoint, Gordon runs away with this. The only concern is him being able to stay on the court.

Even if you want to use age in Bledsoe's favour, well, it isn't that big of a deal. Gordon is almost exactly 1 year older has only played 53 more NBA games than Bledsoe.

At 22 years old, Gordon was averaging 22/3/4 on a 56.6 TS% while also playing great individual defense on a terrible defensive team.

(I didn't use his 23 year old stats because he only played in 9 games last year, but per 36 they were nearly identical).

It is also worth noting that Bledose plays the 1, a position that is so saturated with talent throughout the league, while Gordon plays the 2, a position that is completely devoid of talent, and it makes this one a no-brainer for me. A healthy Eric Gordon is the 4th best shooting guard in the league and a championship calibre 2nd option. Eric Bledose has yet to prove that he can be more than a change of pace bench sparkplug (for the record, I do think he is more than that, but we still don't know).