Real Deal

• Owner

VS UTAH JAZZ

14 PTS (7-10 FG), 9 REB, 14 AST, 3 TO

VS OKC THUNDER

21 PTS (8-12 FG), 9 REB, 14 AST, 3 TO

VS NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

14 PTS (5-12 FG), 8 REB, 11 AST, 2 TO

Here's what we do know: this is obviously the Kobe that the Lakers need to get into the playoffs.

What I want to know: do you think this is the Kobe the Lakers need to win the championship?

---------

Three games ago, versus Utah, Mike D'Antoni dropped his offense, and started playing through Kobe Bryant.  This turned Nash into more of a shooter (the stuff I wrote about).  Both MDA and Nash acknowledged this after the game, both said that THIS is the way they have to play.

Can the Lakers put it all together to contend, and is this the route they have to take?

I think this is the route they have to take for the time being, as long as you have Earl Clark, Pau, and Dwight contributing and Kobe keeps feeding them good things will happen all around. I'm really interested in seeing what happens on the grammy road trip for this team, Kobe wont be getting 10 assists+ every night but as long as he has the facilitating/scoring balance I think this team can reach closer to its potential. 

However, it still saddens me to see Gasol on the bench. He SHOULD be starting. 

• Owner

However, it still saddens me to see Gasol on the bench. He SHOULD be starting.

I don't know. I'm torn. Dwight and Gasol just can't play together, sadly...and when Gasol is in there by himself, he actually facilitates.

So we're going to pull Dwight OR Gasol away from the rim when they play together...and they still get to, just not as often now.

Earl Clark has been doing great, also. Had 20/12 last night.

The only bad thing about Gasol not starting is that he doesn't have Dwight behind him, keeping his man in check on the defensive end...and the Gasol/Jamison duo are AWFUL on that end of the floor.