NBA Gameday 2014-2015

Real Deal

It's gonna be a hard season for Knicks fans (one more) but we had to expect that. It's gonna take a long time to get used to the triangle, maybe the whole year. Besides we definitely need better players.

We could have done better than what we've done though. My first two problems with that team are Melo and JR. Yes cause, even if I agree that Melo needs more help, he's no stranger to the situation we're in, just like he wasn't last year. Honestly he tends to rely too much on his jump shot, I would like to see him attack the rim more often, it's just outrageous that he doesn't do it more often. He's the first reason why we don't shoot more free throws.

Then JR should be smarter. Honestly JR is one of the best passer of the league, but he doesn't use that weapon often enough. He usually (like Melo) relies too often on his jump shots and takes crazy shots, whereas he could make his teammates much better. And I just can't stand that.

There's a problem with Amaré too, cause he will never gets back to the level he used to play at, and will never as well (despite what he's saying) be a good defender.

So honestly, as long as we don't get rid of both JR and Stoudemire, to get quality players, we will never achieve anything. It is just as simple as that. But at least I hope we will get used to the triangle as quick as possible, that is our only goal this season.

As for the Sixers, I 100% agree with Jeff Van Gundy, this debate is ludicrous and Bledsoe got what he deserved, it is just disrespectful to how good the NBA is to say that Kentucky would beat the 76rs in a 7 game series, the NBA is BY FAR the best league in the world (I've always said that the best basketball tournament in the world is the NBA playoffs (yes better than the March Madness no matter what lotsa other people might say...) and BY FAR !!!!) The Sixers would destroy any College team any time, end of story.

Edited by Oliver P
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When Fisher was chosen to be our new next coach, I was at first a bit disappointed, cause he's a rookie coach... But then I thought about it and got some confidence in this move, cause Phil chose him, and he played for Phil and knows all about the triangle.

But let's face it, he is a rookie coach and definitely acts like one... Honestly all those rotations changes are killing us, and it's gotta right now. I know he said that no player is really better than the others, but still there are some obvious things that I don't understand.

First of all, about our starting 5, Melo and Calderon are obvious starters, and I'm glad that they alwlays start. The starting SG has to be Shump (if JR took clever shots, attacked the rim more often, and passed the ball more it would be a different story, especially since Shump's last struggles, but it is not, so Iman has to start due to his defensive abilities).

Stat has to start too. As I already said he will not get back to the player he used to be, but he seems to be healthy this year for a change, and Fish just gotta give him more minutes, he's the only one of our bigs who can score inside the paint. Then it's between Dalembert and Acy. Both players are very good defensively but I'd personally give the edge to Acy due to his unbelievable energy (he's the only true hustler we got) and he has a more efficient jump shot than Samuel. Although I ain't sure about it cause Dalembert is the best defender we got inside. One thing I know about both players should have more playing time than Jason Smith who has only his jump shot offensively and his size defensively... I still don't understant why he was still on the court at the end of the Blazers game, I would have had Dalembert on Aldrige at this point and was just getting crazy before my TV screen...

Then I don't understand why Fish uses more Larkin than Prigioni in some games... I love Larkin, but the fact is that he's an unfinished product, and still makes a lot of rookie mistakes, while both Calderon and Prigioni are two proven professionals. Besides the ball moves clearly better when Prigioni is on court, and he is definitely our smartest player. I was already getting crazy at times during the Woodson years because he didn't use Prigioni enough but it's even worse this year... Pablo is our backup PG, END OF STORY !!!!

We don't have a team that can achieve great things, that's for sure, but we could do better than what we've done so far, there is no doubt about it in my mind, and if the players are to blame for that (attack the rim Melo, you're one of the strongest players in the game right now, ATTACK THE GODDAM RIM !!), the coach, Fisher, is definitely to blame for that as well.

• Like 1

Stat has to start too. As I already said he will not get back to the player he used to be, but he seems to be healthy this year for a change, and Fish just gotta give him more minutes, he's the only one of our bigs who can score inside the paint. Then it's between Dalembert and Acy. Both players are very good defensively but I'd personally give the edge to Acy due to his unbelievable energy (he's the only true hustler we got) and he has a more efficient jump shot than Samuel. 

I'm really happy for Qunicy Acy making a name for himself in the NBA. He was a questionable pick a few years back and didn't offer a whole lot when he was first drafted. Not to mention he is very undersized for the PF position at 6'8. But he's a great guy and he plays every game like its his last and he has really improved his game a lot since being drafted. I hope he continues to get minutes in the NBA and has a solid career. 

• Like 1

Boy, Coach Pop's "gimme a break, will you" during Spurs - Lakers Friday night was cold lol... Guttierrez got Popped like no one else got popped before.

He should have expected that though. When Pop's answer to your question is to call his team "pitiless" repeatedly, furthermore in an aggressive tone, you don't want to ask him a second question. Especially a stupid one like this...

Well he got what he deserved, I guess.

This Spurs-Lakers was surprisingly very good BTW. Didn't expect that. And I love JVG's idea about keeping the players in a cage during replays lol... that's why he's the best !!

So it seems that the refs call a time out when you don't ask one, and don't call any when you do ask for one now... Funny. Those who watched Warriors-Mavs yesterday and Knicks-Nets earlier this month will understand.

The Knicks finally won one game... I still can't believe it actually happened. It was against a team which is as bad as we are though... I mean it was the first time I watched the C's this year and let's just say I won't watch them again, except the three other games we will play against them of course.

Anyway let's see if we can win a second game in a row, at least once this year... Against the Raptors without a Shump though, so it's doubtful... Even if Shump just played like trash those past weeks, especially offensively, so we're not gonna miss much those next 3 weeks I guess. But then again who's played well for us this year so far ?

I hope Rodman was joking about his comments on Kerr, otherwise I heavily disagree with him (but I'm sure he was), but it's hard not to agree with him about the Knicks... I loved Fish's answer to his comments though. Always in control, always keeping calm. That's what leaders do.

16 in a row feels good. So does 21-2. But I don't expect Golden State to win in Memphis. Struggles against them and on the road without David Lee (again).

Congrats to Kobe. Been a pleasure to watch him growing up and it'll be a sad day when he decides to retire.

• 2 weeks later...

Raptors vs. Warriors at Oracle Friday night in what can be a shocker NBA Finals preview lol.

it sucks that we actually might have a chance at making the NBA finals but pretty much no matter what we're gonna get smacked by whoever we played in the finals. 

• 1 month later...

Warriors didn't deserve to win in Cleveland. Missed way too many free throws and didn't do well defensively for most of the game. Tough back end of a back to back now in Toronto facing a Raptors team that obviously wants to put an end to their struggles. I'll be surprised to see the Dubs win this one.

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Rose really blew those last two possessions, especially when he fell asleep and let Bayless out of his sight. A final play of the game should never end that way.

That situation in Dallas is pretty weird. I hope they win a couple of games in that series, before dropping it to Houston, only because of Rondo's actions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I'm not really sure why Love would stay, to be honest. He didn't seem happy at all, and eventually, he'll be able to get more money elsewhere. He doesn't come off as a guy who will want to be a third option in order to chase a ring...at least not yet.

I was pretty excited to see Iguodala get the MVP.

I'm so happy for Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, and Harrison Barnes. Love those three guys. It's not a stretch at all that Iggy won MVP. He starts the last 3 games and they win. He guarded LeBron and tried his damn best to slow him down (let's be honest, there is no slowing down LeBron unless he gets too tired).

• Owner

more $ w/ perhaps the lakers, brandon? but yea i got that same feeling from him. dont think hes comfortable being chris bosh. hes a 26 yr old in his prime mans gotta get his. idk their cap situation but if ur in his position you have to go for more $ no?

I don't know if I want Love in LA, really. For the money he'll make, I'm not sure if I want to give up on Randle (because, basically, we would have to, given that we'll draft KAT or Okafor). Plus, his health worries me.

And yes, at his age, in his prime...he has to seek a first or second option position on another team. Even with injuries, he may be that missing piece for a team that will play him the right way (instead of using him as a spot-up shooter). Just can't say we can use him in LA, though, because he would need to be #1 on our roster after next season, assuming Kobe is a "go" this upcoming season.

I'm so happy for Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, and Harrison Barnes. Love those three guys. It's not a stretch at all that Iggy won MVP. He starts the last 3 games and they win. He guarded LeBron and tried his damn best to slow him down (let's be honest, there is no slowing down LeBron unless he gets too tired).

I don't know, man. Iguodala was "slowing him down" all series long, before fatigue should have set in. Outside of two games, LeBron's shooting was 41% or less. He shot 44% in one of the other two.

Doesn't matter who you are, good defensive teams will hurt your FG%, especially if they have a long defender who has experience guarding elite players.

It didn't stop him from scoring 40's each night, but like few players in the past (Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Iverson, for example), he would have dropped 50 if the primary defender was someone like Tyreke Evans.

I don't know if I want Love in LA, really. For the money he'll make, I'm not sure if I want to give up on Randle (because, basically, we would have to, given that we'll draft KAT or Okafor).

does that mean theres no interest in russell. ive barely even watched him but ive bought into the hype that hes perfect for philly

also isnt lebrons performance being a little overrated? he was ai in 01. i think any real superstar (durant, harden, curry etc.) w/ that usage wouldve posted similar numbers and percentages. yea boards and assists and all that but he held the ball 99% of every possession. and according to himself hes the best in the world but did he really outperform stephen curry

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Looks like we picked Russell after all, haha.

LeBron's performance overrated? Well, he was the best player in the series, clearly, and the best player in the NBA...although I think Anthony Davis will catch him in 1-2 years.

But, in a sense, I think it was a bit overrated because he was pretty sloppy on the defensive end. I don't mind the shot attempts, nor do I really mind the FG% (considering Iggy's defense on him, and how the Warriors brought the kitchen sink when Andre needed a rest). I just didn't like the fact that his FG% was actually ignored, when all of these years, Kobe's was the talk of the town.

Guys like Iguodala, Leonard, Tony Allen, Prince...they are meant to "key in" on superstars like Kobe and Bron, and they are put on the court not only to chase them all game, but to cause inefficiency. It happens.

Everyone complained about LeBron's teammates, and especially JR Smith. All I've ever heard was that he makes his teammates better...but when that time comes, and they under-perform...nobody gives a shit about their defensive efforts (Dellavedova), their amazing work on the glass (Thompson) or scoring in the post (Mozgov, when LeBron cashed out in one of their losses). Those teammates suddenly become "garbage" and, not surprisingly, it's stated that LeBron is doing everything.

With that said...did he do everything? No, and therefore, the performance is overrated. I can't say anyone else performed better, though. The Warriors were the better team, while LeBron was the best player.

• 1 month later...