Lakers trade Russell, Mozgov to Nets for Lopez, 27th pick

• Owner

http://www.nba.com/_flysystem-style-redirect/landscape_1045w/s3/2017-06/dangelo-russell-pass-brook-lopez.jpg?itok=9XIy32YG

The NBA offseason may be a few days old, but it's already going full steam.

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th overall pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/20/dangelo-russell-brook-lopez-trade-los-angeles-lakers-brooklyn-nets

• Owner

I'm going to make the assumption that this pick, our late 1st, and one of Randle OR Clarkson will be headed to the Pacers for Paul George before/on draft night.

Otherwise, this hurts.

• 3 years later...
  • Owner
On 6/21/2017 at 1:39 AM, Real Deal said:

I'm going to make the assumption that this pick, our late 1st, and one of Randle OR Clarkson will be headed to the Pacers for Paul George before/on draft night.

Otherwise, this hurts.

So we no longer have either of those players, and we never did get PG.  Randle is now an all-star, and Clarkson is the best sixth man in the league.  D-Lo ended up averaging 21/7, but he's been passed around from team to team (Nets, Warriors, Wolves) since the trade.

And the pick we landed was Kyle Kuzma, who I wish we had traded instead of Ingram.

Oh well.  It's fun looking back at these older posts, haha.