Who is your 2021 NBA MVP?

Real Deal

Who is your MVP?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

In no particular order...
Jokic
Curry
Doncic
Harden
Embiid
Antetokounmpo
Lillard
Mitchell
LeBron

There are a lot of guys to pick from this year.  I feel like Curry has jumped into the top five, at the very least.  The Warriors will need to make the playoffs for him to get it, though.

Right now, Joker is my guy.  Denver is #4 in the West, 37-20 record, and Jokic is putting up 26/11/9 on 57/42/85 (!) shooting.  He's almost averaging a triple-double as a big man.  I can't think of another big who has done that, other than maybe Wilt.

• 4 weeks later...

Jokic with Curry second. I honestly don't see an argument for anyone else. With that said, I'd be surprised to see Curry finish in the top 3 since his team will only be a play in team, despite the fact that he has been absolutely ridiculous this year. I'd argue that he is having a better season than his unanimous MVP year. Putting up comparable numbers and efficiency despite having a significantly worse supporting cast around him. This season of his won't get the acknowledgement that his unanimous MVP season did but hes putting up another all time great offensive season.

Now despite that, what Jokic is doing is ridiculous, especially how they've continue to truck along despite losing Murray, who is not only their second best player and an all star caliber guy in his own right, but also their only other reliable creator on offense. I mentioned Curry having one of the best offensive seasons, but I think you can make the argument that Jokic is having one of the best offensive seasons we've ever seen as well considering the responsibility that he has for that team. Guys like Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem etc... have all put up godly statistical seasons before but I don't think any of them were as much of a hub to everything that their teams did than what Jokic is for the Nuggets, especially without Murray.

But yeah, Jokic by a landslide. 

• Owner

I think I'd have to put Doncic over Curry.  I know it seems like the Warriors are playing with a slim roster right now, but they do have Wiggins and Draymond.  Curry's 30+ every night is winning them games, but so is their defense, which is ranked 5th as of right now.  Doncic has a hobbled Porzingis, Hardaway Jr. and Brunson...decent role players and a borderline all-star that can't stay on the court.  Plus, Luka's numbers are ridiculous across the board, a near triple-double.  He's a less athletic Westbrook that can shoot, and he makes better decisions on the court.  And...Dallas is 5th in the West.

But again, like you, my guy is Joker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 6/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, NomarFachix said:

Other: Orange Julius the Beyblade. It's wrong and biased but god damn did I think the Knicks would stink this year, and dude carried them to a 4 seed.

I should've added him.  I absolutely hated it when the Lakers didn't want to pay him, because he grew up a huge fan of the Lakers and Kobe, and you could tell he was going to be a workhorse, but whatever.  I'm glad to see him playing so well (minus this playoff run, smh).

19 hours ago, Real Deal said:

I should've added him.  I absolutely hated it when the Lakers didn't want to pay him, because he grew up a huge fan of the Lakers and Kobe, and you could tell he was going to be a workhorse, but whatever.  I'm glad to see him playing so well (minus this playoff run, smh).

That series was.. something else entirely for him. Like he reverted to 2020 Beyblade turnover poor decisions every trip down the court Julius. I think he felt the pressure to do to much and chased that bad game 1 all series. He was a tremendous passer out of double teams this year, but in that series he either forced something to the rim or made the wrong pass regularly. :(

• Owner
6 hours ago, NomarFachix said:

That series was.. something else entirely for him. Like he reverted to 2020 Beyblade turnover poor decisions every trip down the court Julius. I think he felt the pressure to do to much and chased that bad game 1 all series. He was a tremendous passer out of double teams this year, but in that series he either forced something to the rim or made the wrong pass regularly. :(

All eyes on him.  That spotlight gets pretty big in the postseason, especially when it's your first time AND you're getting MVP chants at MSG.